Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
On the eve of the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the founding of Haskell Indian Institute, A. Dill reflects on the history of Haskell and the celebratory pageant set to take place.
These clippings were collected by Sara Robinson, Charles Robinson's wife. The clippings treat the lives of Charles Robinson, John Brown, James H. Lane, and numerous others prominent in Kansas history. There is biographical information about Lawrence residents, local and regional history.
This collection consists of approximately 1,500 prints and 2,285 negatives of the photographic work of Duke D'Ambra. The photographic images include scenes of 50 years of life in Lawrence, Kansas from the 1920s to the 1970s. D'Ambra photographed buildings, businesses, residents at work and at play, and their homes. He captured the effect of dust storms in the 1930s, the floods of the 1950s, and war on the community. He also documented a growing Haskell Indian Institute.
These records of the First United Methodist Church of Lawrence, Kansas, which date from 1877 to 1971, also include records generated under the church's earlier name, the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Lawrence. Included are records of church finances, members, marriages, funerals, baptisms, conferences, activities of the church's Loyal Ladies Class, its Epworth League of junior members, and special events in the church's history.
Program of concert by the Haskell Indian Band from Haskell Institute, Lawrence, Kansas. Dennison, Wheelock, Director, no date. On the reverse side there are handwritten notes re. bulls, cows, steers, hogs.
This small collection includes a program of the senior presentation of "Hiawatha", a drama, at Haskell Institute, 24 May 1904; two copies of the 1905 junior program and a commencement day program for June 28th.
Correspondence concerning evaluation of Haskell Institute and pamphlets about Haskell Institute. Lawrence, Kansas, 1969-1970.
This collection consists of copied and original correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other related materials regarding the life of Oscar Eugene Learnard, his family, and the early history of Lawrence, Kansas.
Newspaper clippings dating from 1950 to 1980, covering local history in and around Lawrence, Kansas.
Brought to Kansas in his early childhood, Clarence Birch became a teacher in Kansas rural schools, Haskell Institute, and the Lawrence public schools. He served as superintendent of the Lawrence Public School System, 1931-39. He later wrote Toward Education Per Aspera, A Manuscript. Autobiography of a Kansas Educator, 1966.
- Names: Haskell Institute X
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 2
- Burlington (Kan.) -- History 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Concert programs 1
- Education -- Kansas 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Erie 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Stockton 1
- Junior colleges -- Kansas 1
- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Kansas -- Maps 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Scrapbooks -- Kansas 1
- Teachers -- Kansas 1
- Temperance 1
- Theater programs -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Wyandotte (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 2
- Birch, Clarence E. (Clarence Ellis), 1875-1969 1
- Birch, Marshall E. 1
- D'Ambra, Duke 1
- Dill, A. 1
- First Christian Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- First United Methodist Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Glinka, John L., 1920-2012 1
- Graves, G. 1
- Haskell Indian Band 1
- Kansas City, Fort Scott and Gulf Railroad Company 1
- Kansas. State Department of Education 1
- Lane, James Henry, 1814-1866 1
- Lawrence Jewish Community Center (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Writers Workshop (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Learnard, Mary S., 1842-1932 1
- Learnard, O. E. (Oscar Eugene), 1832-1911 1
- Learnard, Tracy, 1872-1959 1
- Leavenworth, Lawrence, and Galveston Railroad Company 1
- Leonard family 1
- MacDonald, Frank, active 1950-1980 1
- Merwin , Charles , 1855- 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church (Baldwin City, Kan.) 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Republican Party (Kan.) 1
- Robinson, Charles, 1818-1894 1
- Robinson, Sara T. L. (Sara Tappan Lawrence), 1827-1911 1
- Simms, W. S. 1
- Unitarian Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas 1 ∧ less