Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Call Number: RG 34
Overview Formally known as the Museum of Art, University of Kansas, the University's art collections had been stored and/or displayed in Spooner Hall, which had previously housed KU's library. The first item in the collection was a marble bust of Amos Adams Lawrence, donated by the subject in 1878. Sallie Casey Thayer provided the real impetus for the establishment of a full university art museum in 1928 through her donation of 7,500 items from her personal collection. The Helen Foresman Spencer...