Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The First Annual Langston Hughes Lecture delivered by Arthur D. Drayton, Langston Hughes Visiting Professor, Fall Semester 1978 at the University of Kansas. The lecture discusses Hughes' life and works.
This collection of literary ephemera by author and poet Langston Hughes consists of a program and a translation by Hughes.
The Langston Hughes literary works collection contains a variety of typescripts, proofs, and publications of Hughes' writings acquired from various sources.
The Langston Hughes papers consist of a range of items chiefly pertinent to his career as a poet and playwright.
An undated photograph of Langston Hughes inscribed “To Susan Powell, Sincerely – Langston Hughes.” Acquired from Southwestern Michigan, likely that it was signed by Hughes in 1945 when he delivered a lecture at the Kalamazoo Central High School Auditorium.
A lecture by Joel A. Adedeji, presented April 9th, 1991 at the University of Kansas as the 1991 Annual Langston Hughes lecture. The lecture was entitled "Langston Hughes and the River Between (the Making of a Poet)."
Robert "Bob" Hemenway was the sixteenth Chancellor at the University of Kansas. Materials in his collection include administrative documents from his time at KU and from previous posts at the University of Kentucky, the University of Wyoming, and the University of Oklahoma; his literary biography of Zora Neale Hurston; and his dissertation on Charles Brockden Brown, amongst other materials related to Hemenway's career.
The hand loved best of all: Cantata for tenor solo, chorus, small orchestra (or piano) / Text [by] Langston Hughes ; music [by] Irving Mopper.
Typescript of "The poetry of Langston Hughes" from. 1957.
- Names: Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 X
- American literature -- African American authors 4
- African American arts -- History 2
- African American poets 2
- African Americans -- Intellectual life 2
- American drama -- African American authors 2
- Harlem Renaissance 2
- Poets, American -- 20th century 2
- American literature 1
- American poetry -- African American authors 1
- Cantatas -- Scores 1 ∧ less
- Adedeji, Joel Adeyinka 1
- Alden, Sondra Updike 1
- Brown, Charles Brockden, 1771-1810 1
- Drayton, Arthur D. 1
- Gordon, Taylor, 1893-1971 1
- Graham, Maryemma 1
- Hemenway, Robert E., 1941-2015 1
- Hurston, Zora Neale 1
- Mopper, Irving, 1914-1987 1
- University of Kansas. Department of English 1
- University of Kentucky 1
- University of Oklahoma 1
- University of Wyoming 1
- Williams, Doretha Kay 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1