Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Call Number: RH MS 430
Overview The Billy Q. McCray papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who served in both the Kansas House of Representatives and the Kansas Senate before becoming director of the Kansas Department of Economic Development Office of Minority Business. This collection of McCray's papers includes correspondence from constituents, documents generated by the Education and the Ways and Means Committees, legislation introduced by McCray, and papers of the Kansas Legislature's Minority Caucus.
Dates: 1975 - 1985
Call Number: RH MS 548
Overview Bryan Kendall Whitehead (1925-2008) was a legislative representative (effectively a lobbyist) for the Brotherhood of Railway, Airline and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express and Station Employees (BRAC). This collection of his papers reflect his work as a representative for BRAC in the Kansas Legislature, as a member of numerous special committees, and his interest in the performing arts. The collection includes professional correspondence, reports, bulletins, newspaper clippings,...
Dates: 1940 - 1994
Call Number: RH MS 423
Overview Clarence Love was a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the Wyandotte County 35th District from 1966 until his retirement in 1988. The collection reflects his legislative activities during his entire 22 years of service.
Dates: 1922-1990s (bulk 1969-1989)
Collection — Volume: 1-2
Call Number: RH MS D196
Overview Scrapbook containing the proceedings of the Kansas State Legislature for the session of 1893, as published in the Topeka Daily Capital, prepared for C.S. Gleed, a Topeka, Kansas-based businessman, lawyer, newspaper publisher and editor, and staff member and member of the board of directors for the Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Company. Gleed was a member of the Republican Party, legislative members of which were struggling with Populist Party members for...
Call Number: RH MS 560
Overview Sherman Jones, a prominent citizen of Wyandotte County, Kansas, served in the Kansas State Legislature from 1988-2000. His papers consist primarily of material related to his political career during which he served an advocate for social issues representing minorities’ rights, public health, and social welfare.
Dates: 1987 - 2000
- Names: Kansas. Legislature X
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Politics and government 3
- African American legislators -- Kansas 2
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Politics and government 2
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Minority business enterprises -- Law and legislation -- Kansas 1
- Public interest lobbying -- Kansas 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1 ∧ less
- Brotherhood of Railway, Airline, and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express, and Station Employes 1
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Kansas 1
- Gleed, Charles S. (Charles Sumner), 1856-1920 1
- Jones, Sherman J., 1935- 1
- Kansas Minority Caucus 1