Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Call Number: RH MS 430
Overview The Billy Q. McCray papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who served in both the Kansas House of Representatives and the Kansas Senate before becoming director of the Kansas Department of Economic Development Office of Minority Business. This collection of McCray's papers includes correspondence from constituents, documents generated by the Education and the Ways and Means Committees, legislation introduced by McCray, and papers of the Kansas Legislature's Minority Caucus.
Dates: 1975 - 1985
Call Number: RH MS 423
Overview Clarence Love was a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the Wyandotte County 35th District from 1966 until his retirement in 1988. The collection reflects his legislative activities during his entire 22 years of service.
Dates: 1922-1990s (bulk 1969-1989)
Call Number: RH MS 560
Overview Sherman Jones, a prominent citizen of Wyandotte County, Kansas, served in the Kansas State Legislature from 1988-2000. His papers consist primarily of material related to his political career during which he served an advocate for social issues representing minorities’ rights, public health, and social welfare.
Dates: 1987 - 2000
- African American legislators -- Kansas 2
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Politics and government 2
- Minority business enterprises -- Law and legislation -- Kansas 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Kansas 1
- Jones, Sherman J., 1935- 1
- Kansas Minority Caucus 1
- Kansas. Commission on Civil Rights 1
- Love, Clarence C. (Clarence Chester), 1922- 1