Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains the correspondence of Amos Adams Lawrence, treasurer of the New England Emigrant Aid Company. The letters, to and from Lawrence, date from 1846-1878.
This collection consists of orrespondence and documents involving Charles H. Branscomb, agent for the New England Emigrant Aid Company in territorial Kansas, dating from 1853-1886. Correspondents or individuals mentioned in the letters include James Gillespie Blaine (1830-1893), Amos Adams Lawrence (1814-1886), Henry Cabot Lodge (1850-1924), Charles Robinson (1818-1894), John Pierce St. John (1835-19140, and Charles Sumner (1811-1874).
The collection of correspondence, documents, and addresses of Charles Robinson, housed in the Kansas Collection, is mainly from the period 1854 to 1861. Robinson was a resident agent for the New England Emigrant Aid Company and an advocate for the Free State, anti-slavery cause. There are items on the founding of the University of Kansas. There are also letters from Mrs. Robinson to F. W. Blackmar, the biographer of Governor Robinson.
This collection consists of microfilmed copies of the official records and correspondence of the New England Emigrant Aid Company, an organization founded to help individuals from the northeastern United States move to the newly opened Kansas territory in order to help the territory become a free state rather than a slaveholding state.
Reduced photostat copies of correspondence selected from letter books in the Massachusetts Historical Society
Correspondence selected from letter books in the Massachusetts Historical Society by Prof. Frank E. Melvin. Reduced photostats.
Letter addressed to "my dear Appleton", dated Milton, Massachusetts, October 15, 1940. The letter discusses the founding of Lawrence, and the naming of the town.
- Names: Lawrence, Amos Adams, 1814-1886 X
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 3
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 2
- Abolitionists 1
- Kansas -- Constitution 1
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lecompton 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Prohibition -- Kansas 1
- Roxbury (Boston, Mass.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- New England Emigrant Aid Company 2
- Robinson, Charles, 1818-1894 2
- Appleton, William, 1786-1862 1
- Blackmar, Frank W. (Frank Wilson), 1854-1931 1
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893 1
- Booth, Edw. 1
- Branscomb, Charles H. 1
- Des Moines Valley Railroad Company 1
- George, Henry, 1839-1897 1
- Hale, Edward Everett, 1822-1909 1
- Lane, James Henry, 1814-1866 1
- Lawrence, Amos, 1786-1852 1
- Lawrence, William, 1850-1941 1
- Melvin, Frank Edgar, 1881- 1
- Richards family 1
- Richards, Giles, 1792-1876 1
- Richards, Mary, 1798- 1
- Robinson, Sara T. L. (Sara Tappan Lawrence), 1827-1911 1
- University of Kansas 1 ∧ less