Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Horizon 2020 is the comprehensive land use plan for the City of Lawrence, adopted by the Lawrence/Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Commission in 1996, the Lawrence City Commission in 1997, and the Douglas County Board of County Commissioners in 1998. This collection includes materials used during the development of the plan in the early 1990s.
These are the working papers of Johanna Kollmorgen when she served as a member of the Lawrence-Douglas County (Kansas) Planning Commission. The Planning Commission is responsible for long-range comprehensive plans and development of the Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, land area. The collection includes the commission meeting minutes, staff reports and other supporting documentation from 1969-1979.
These materials relate to Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, planning initiatives in the latter part of the 20th century and development oversight. The collection includes photographs, photo-lithographic aluminum plates, and negatives, as well as printed material.
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office implements city and county comprehensive plans by developing and administering zoning codes, regulations, plans and policies. It guides land use planning principles and practices and supports city and county commissions, including the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission. These records document city and county planning for the 1980s which include the redevelopment plans for downtown Lawrence, Kansas.
A preliminary discussion draft, dated September 10, 1981, of a Recommended comprehensive development plan for downtown Lawrence, Kansas, prepared for the City of Lawrence by Robert B. Teska Associates, Inc. of Evanston, Illinois. Included with the report, transmitted to Johanna Kollmorgen, is a letter from Dean Palos (Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office).
- Names: Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission X
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 3
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 3
- City planning districts -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Economic policy 2
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Economic policy 2
- Transportation -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 2
- Shopping malls -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Store location -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Urban renewal -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- Kollmorgen, Johanna 2
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office 2
- Horizon 2020 (Group) 1
- Kansas Applied Remote Sensing Program 1
- Palos, Dean 1
- Robert B. Teska Associates 1 ∧ less