Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Book of accounts for an early 19th century Irish farmer. McNally holds land from "Mr Baker": leaf 151 pays tithes to "Ternan": leaf 6. Contract IV: 1 has clause "Being first...read to the parties by Richd McNally" Yeates or Yeats landowners show up in VIIB; 22 May 1820 McNally pays Wn Yeats for "Law." Itemized funeral expenses for Wm McNally of Doolough at foot of leaf 12a. Iv:1 and MS P385:1 separately cataloged. Landowners not traced.
A collection of four letters written by William Maxwell to P.S. O'Hegarty.
A group of 8 social and book-business letters by the author Henry James (1843-1916) to varied recipients, and one friendly letter by the politician/lawyer Henry James (Baron James of Hereford, 1828-1922) to the wife of a colleague.
The collection consists of 4 letters (handwritten, signed, 9 pages total) from Teerink to P.S. O'Hegarty. Also in the collection are 4 offprints of articles by Teerink on Swiftian bibliography and some articles regarding collections/exhibitions of materials concerning Irish author Jonathan Swift, including clippings from booksellers' catalogs. Teerink was attempting to find certain rare items from Swift and enlisting O'Hegarty's help.
Collection of Irish broadsides, pamphlets, clippings, etc. collected by P.S. O'Hegarty, largely regarding Home Rule, Sinn Fein, Irish independence, and other political matters during the early part of the 20th century. Some items appear to be duplicates of each other; there are 93 items in total (some items having multiple parts).
Accounts and minutes of the Irish Parliamentary Party Committee, a group formed after the 1890 split in the Irish Parliamentary Party by individuals who were against Charles Stewart Parnell. The volume includes a section of accounts before the minutes begin, and accounts are interspersed throughout the minutes. Letters are occasionally quoted in the minutes. An alphabetical index begins the volume.
This story was put together by Samuel Waddell (1878-1967) and N. Mercier to rent to their schoolmates for 2d per vol per week. It describes land and sea battles with the English (including the school regiment) and the Germans pitted against the Russians and French. Also included is a note written by P. S. O'Hegarty describing Waddell's remembrance of the story.
- Names: O'Hegarty, P. S. (Patrick Sarsfield), 1879-1955 X
- Account books -- Ireland 1
- Agriculture -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- Battles in literature 1
- Boycotts -- Ireland 1
- Broadsides -- Ireland -- 20th century 1
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Ireland 1
- Draft -- Ireland 1
- Economics -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Education -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- English literature -- Irish authors 1
- Farm produce -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Farmers -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Freedom of the press -- Ireland 1
- Home rule -- Ireland 1
- Hunger strikes -- Ireland 1
- Ireland -- History -- 19th century -- Biography 1
- Ireland -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- Ireland -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Ireland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 1
- Politicians -- Great Britain -- Correspondence 1
- Rathmines (Dublin, Ireland) 1
- Schoolboys -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Sheep farming -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Benson, Charles William, 1836-1919 1
- Drury, Thomas William Ernest, 1872-1960 1
- Figgis, Thomas Frederick, 1869- 1
- Haskins, Abraham George 1
- Irish Parliamentary Party 1
- Irish Parliamentary Party. Committee 1
- James, Henry James, Baron, 1828-1911 1
- James, Henry, 1843-1916 1
- Maxwell, William, 1873-1957 1
- Mayne, Rutherford, 1878-1967 1
- McCarthy, Justin, 1830-1912 1
- McNally, Michael, active 1820-1859 1
- Rathmines School (Dublin, Ireland) 1
- Russell, George William, 1867-1935 1
- Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745 1
- Teerink, H. (Herman) 1 ∧ less