Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Dr. Melvin E. Jenkins papers are those of a long time pediatrician and educator.
Dr. S.H. Thompson, Sr. was a founder of Douglass Hospital, a facility dedicated to the care of African Americans in Kansas City, Kansas. His son, S.H. Thompson, Jr., served as principal of Sumner High School (Kansas City, Kansas) from 1951-1972. The collection includes papers and photographs of both S.H. Thompson, Jr. and Sr., as well as material from other family members.
- African American educators -- Kansas 1
- African American physicians 1
- African American physicians -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Hospitals -- Kansas -- History 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African Americans in medicine 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Grant G., 1874-1925 1
- Brown, Val J., 1953- 1
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Hampton Institute 1
- Howard University. School of Medicine 1