Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
A collection of newspaper clippings collected by Watson Library staff from 1901 to 1961 about Carry Nation's career as prohibitionist and member of the W.C.T.U. Included is an article about Mrs. Mary Belle Chappell of Ottawa and great-niece of Carry Nation.
The collection is a scrapbook of newspaper clippings compiled by the Watson Library staff from various publications in 1944 immediately after the report of Raymond Clapper's death.
abolitionist : clippings / compiled by University of Kansas
Newspaper Clippings about Comanche, an equine survivor of the Battle of Little Bighorn, collected by the staff of Watson Library, University of Kansas.
A scrapbook concerning Kansas dust storms, compiled by staff of the University of Kansas Library. Content includes photographs taken by the Stovall Studio of Dodge City, Kansas and clippings from various Kansas community newspapers, mostly from 1935.
Justin D. Bowersock, 1842-1922. / [compiled by] Watson Library. -- Lawrence, Kansas: 1950.
John Gideon Haskell / [compiled by] Watson Library. -- Lawrence, Kansas, 1944.
Two volumes of mounted newspaper clippings collected by Watson Library staff from numerous publications circa 1863-1963, on the life of William Clark Quantrill and the raid on Lawrence, Kansas, August 21, 1863. Volume one contains newspaper articles on the James brothers, Frank and Jesse and volume two contains articles on survivors and reunions of the Raid on Lawrence
Carrie Watson was a librarian at the University of Kansas from 1887-1921; the current main library building is named in her honor. This collection contains photographs, genealogies, correspondence, and a manuscript written by Watson.
- Names: University of Kansas. Libraries X
- Architects -- Kansas 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Comanche (Horse) 1
- Dust storms -- Kansas 1
- Dust storms -- Kansas -- Dodge City 1
- Dust storms -- Kansas -- Hugoton 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Little Bighorn, Battle of the, Mont., 1876 1
- Railroads -- Kansas 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Battlefields -- Marshall Islands 1 ∧ less
- Watson, Carrie M., 1858-1943 2
- Bowersock, Justin DeWitt, 1842-1922 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Clapper, Raymond, 1892-1944 1
- Glinka, John L., 1920-2012 1
- Haskell, John Gideon, 1832-1907 1
- Heron, David W. (David Winston), 1920- 1
- James, Frank, 1844-1915 1
- James, Jesse, 1847-1882 1
- Nation, Carry Amelia, 1846-1911 1
- Neeley, James D. 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Ranz, Jim, 1921- 1
- St. Louis, Lawrence and Denver Railroad 1
- Stanforth, Edith, 1882?- 1
- Stovall Studio (Dodge City, Kan.) 1
- Talmadge, Robert Louis 1
- Vosper, Robert 1
- Watson Library 1 ∧ less