Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
The Albert D. Salisbury Jr. papers are those of a long time Lawrence, Kansas resident who worked in the University of Kansas Chemistry Department and was active in various Lawrence Masonic groups and the Ninth Street Baptist Church.
The Cecil Scroggins papers include two event programs. One of the programs is for The Baptist Young People's Club (1930) and the other is for the Prince Hall Grand Lodge, F & AM of Kansas Jurisdiction (1960).
The Papers of Darlene Jenkins are those of a longtime Kansas City, Kansas resident and educator.
Ethel Johnson Moore was a long-time resident of Lawrence, Kansas, along with several other members of her family. Her father became one of the first African American members of the Lawrence school board in the 1890s when he filled an unexpired term of another board member. This collection primarily reflects the activities of the women of the family, including Ethel Moore, her sister Lois Johnson Branch, her mother Lulu Johnson Irving, and her granddaughter Alice Fowler.
The First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, Kansas History is a typewritten history of the African American church, which was organized in 1857.
The Louise Wheaton papers are those of a native Kansan, which focus on the Ninth Street Missionary Baptist Church of Lawrence, Kansas.
The papers of the Smoky Hill River Missionary Baptist District Association, an organization of African American churches affiliated with the Missionary Baptist State Convention of Kansas, record the district organization's membership and activities from 1904-1924 and from 1942-1977.
The Papers of Pastor D. D. Miller are those of a Baptist pastor who held posts at various churches in Kansas. He was also an active NAACP member.
The First Regular Missionary Baptist Church Collection documents the history, membership, and activities of an African American congregation in Lawrence, Kansas. The collection contains pastoral, congregational, Sunday School, and club records.
The Reverend Billy J. Johnson papers are those of a longtime Kansan who served as pastor at several churches in the state, serving last at Topeka's Calvary Baptist Church.
The Reverend E.B. Hicks Papers are those of a native Kansan who served as pastor in several Kansas towns and was also active in a number of local, regional, and national Baptist Conventions, societies, and mission organizations.
The Papers of the Reverend Frank Brown Family are those of a Topeka, Kansas family. Frank Brown was a Baptist minister and his wife, Fannie, was a cosmetologist.
This collection contains photographs of events that Reverend Joseph Mason attended or participated in, family pictures, and church events, as well as certificates, newspaper clippings, and other materials related to Mason's personal and professional life as a minister in the Baptist Church.
The Reverend Thomas Knapper family papers are those of a long time Kansas City, Kansas family. Thomas Knapper was a police patrolman, Baptist minister, and businessman. His wife, Tillie, was a teacher, as was his daughter Barbara.
The Second Missionary Baptist Church records document the history, membership, and activities of a long time Junction City, Kansas church.
The Records of Shiloh Baptist Church are those of a longtime Topeka, Kansas church.
The Sprague family papers are those of Kansas residents Donald and Lois Sprague. While Donald Sprague was a Baptist minister, Lois Sprague was the long time executive director of Leavenworth's Neighborhood House.
The Tabernacle Baptist Church records document the activities of a Wichita, Kansas African American church founded in the 1880s.
The Van Leu-Johnson family papers document Kansan George T. Johnson's family through his mother's side (the Van Leu's), including papers regarding John Henry Van Leu and Wendell H. Van Leu.
The William C. Price papers are those of a long time Kansan who worked for over 30 years as a recreational therapist and Athletic Director at the Boys Industrial School of Topeka, Kansas (now the Youth Center at Topeka).
- Subject: African American Baptists -- Kansas X
- African American Baptists -- Kansas 10
- African American clergy -- Kansas 7
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Lawrence 3
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Leavenworth 2
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Topeka 2
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Wichita 2
- African American educators -- Missouri 2
- African American Baptists -- History 1
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Junction City 1
- African American Baptists -- Periodicals 1
- African American air pilots -- Kansas 1
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas 1
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Junction City 1
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- African American educators -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American families -- Kansas 1
- African American freemasons -- Kansas 1
- African American school administrators -- Missouri 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Baptist associations -- Kansas 1
- Baptists -- Societies, etc. 1
- Beauty shops -- Kansas 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Junction City (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Public welfare -- Kansas -- Leavenworth County 1
- Recreational therapists -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Topeka (Kan.) -- Church history 1 ∧ less
- First Baptist Church (Leavenworth, Kan.) 2
- First Regular Missionary Baptist Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 2
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Kansas 2
- Hicks, E. B. (Elder Barney), 1907- 2
- Missionary Baptist State Convention of Kansas 2
- Ninth Street Missionary Baptist Church 2
- Shiloh Baptist Church (Topeka, Kan.) 2
- Baptist Training Union 1
- Boys' Industrial School (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Branch, Lois 1
- Brown, Fannie L., 1920-2002 1
- Brown, Frank, 1915-1997 1
- Calvary Baptist Church (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Calvary Baptist Church (Wichita, Kan.) 1
- First Baptist Church (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- First Missionary Baptist Church (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1
- Irving, Lula 1
- Jenkins, Darlene Smith, 1922-2003 1
- Johnson family. 1
- Johnson, Billy J., 1929-1990 1
- Johnson, George Taylor, 1930-2013 1
- Knapper, Thomas, 1879-1952 1
- Knapper, Tillie Parker Moss, 1875-1977 1
- Mason, Barbara Knapper, 1912-1999 1
- Mason, Joseph E., 1907-1988 1
- Miller, D. D. (Pastor) 1
- Moore, Ethel, 1889-1983 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Baptist Convention of the United States of America. National Sunday School and Baptist Training Union Congress. 1
- Neighborhood House (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1
- Price, William C., 1914-1999 1
- Progressive Missionary Baptist Church (Wichita Kan.) 1
- Salisbury, Albert D., 1900-1998 1
- Scroggins, Cecil 1
- Second Baptist Church (Pratt, Kan.) 1
- Second Missionary Baptist Church (Junction City, Kan.) 1
- Smith, Melvin James 1
- Smoky Hill River Missionary Baptist District Association 1
- Sprague, Donald A. 1
- Sprague, Lois 1
- St. James Baptist Church (Emporia, Kan.) 1
- Tabernacle Baptist Church (Wichita, Kan.) 1
- Thomas Knapper & Co. 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Chemistry 1
- Van Leu family. 1
- Van Leu, John Henry, 1866-1923 1
- Wheaton, Louise M., 1900-1997 1
- Wichita State University 1 ∧ less