Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Call Number: RH MS 723
Overview The papers of Allabelle O. Napue are those of a Topeka, Kansas resident who owned and operated a beauty shop there in the mid-20th century and who was a prominent member of the Topeka African American community.
Dates: 1929 - 1986
Call Number: RH MS P791
Overview The Charles Vaughn family papers are those of the longtime Hutchinson, Kansas family. Charles Vaughn worked as a shoemaker for 62 years.
Dates: 1940 - 1987
Call Number: RH MS 754
Overview The Ernst L. Gayden, Sr. papers are those of a native Kansas City, Kansan who was a former Sumner High School teacher and small business owner.
Dates: 1966 - 1992
Call Number: RH MS 861
Overview The Papers of James F. Woodson are those of a native African American Kansan who was an active member of Bethel A.M.E. Church in Hutchinson, Kansas and owned the Armored Car Service.
Call Number: RH MS 1478
Overview Jesse C. Newman, Jr. founded Newman Securities Company Inc. and is the president of the Newman Development Company in Overland Park, Kansas. This collection includes administrative papers of development projects and research in Kansas City, Kansas and Missouri and Nassau, Bahamas; materials related to the Japanese Cultural Arts Foundation of the Midwest's creation of an Asian conference center; and some family photographs.
Dates: approximately 1911, 1970-2009
Call Number: RH MS 588
Overview John Turner Miles owned and operated the Miles Funeral Home in Atchison, Kansas from 1927 until his death in 1971. His papers consist chiefly of diaries, dating from 1922 to 1958, which document Miles' personal life and business affairs as a mortician.
Dates: 1922 - 1976
Call Number: RH MS 689
Overview The Papers of Leonard Garrett are those of a native Kansan who began the News Hawk newspaper in Wichita, Kansas; Garrett was also a prominant historian and civil rights advocate.
Dates: 1963 - 1988
Call Number: RH MS P584
Overview The Lloyd Kerford Papers are those of a lifelong Kansan who was a partner in the Atchison, Kansas Kerford Quarry Company.
Dates: 1916 - 1968
Collection — Volume: 1
Call Number: RH MS C86
Overview The Minute Book of the Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County, Kansas, provides meeting and membership information for a chapter of the National Negro Business League, a former name of the National Business League.
Dates: 1911 - 1914
Call Number: RH MS P634
Overview The Papers of Hazel F. Anderson are those of an African American woman from Kansas City, Kansas. The majority of the papers concern various organizations, especially business related groups.
Dates: 1949 - 1986
Call Number: RH MS 688
Overview The Reverend Thomas Knapper family papers are those of a long time Kansas City, Kansas family. Thomas Knapper was a police patrolman, Baptist minister, and businessman. His wife, Tillie, was a teacher, as was his daughter Barbara.
Dates: 1920 - 1983
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas 4
- African American business enterprises -- Kansas 2
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas -- Hutchinson 2
- African American Baptists -- Kansas 1
- African American business enterprises -- Kansas -- Atchison 1
- African American business enterprises -- Missouri -- Kansas City 1
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas -- Atchison 1
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas -- History 1
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- African American churches -- Kansas 1
- African American clergy -- Kansas 1
- African American educators -- Missouri 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Hutchinson 1
- African American newspapers -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- African American school administrators -- Missouri 1
- African American women -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Suffrage 1
- Atchison (Kan.) -- History 1
- Beauty shops -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Cold storage -- Kansas -- Atchison 1
- Funeral homes -- Kansas -- Atchison 1
- Newspaper editors -- Kansas 1
- Tonganoxie (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Travel agents -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- Undertakers and undertaking -- Kansas -- History 1 ∧ less
- Anderson, Hazel F. 1
- Bethel A.M.E. Church (Hutchinson, Kan.) 1
- Garrett, Leonard, 1925?-1988 1
- Gayden, Ernst Linton, 1902-1991 1
- George W. Kerford Quarry Company 1
- Kerford family. 1
- Kerford, George W. (George Washington), 1860-1914 1
- Kerford, LLoyd, 1894-1968 1
- Knapper, Thomas, 1879-1952 1
- Knapper, Tillie Parker Moss, 1875-1977 1
- Mason, Barbara Knapper, 1912-1999 1
- Miles Funeral Home (Atchison, Kan.) 1
- Miles, John Turner, 1891-1971 1
- Napue, Allabelle O. 1
- National Negro Business League (U.S.). Topeka and Shawnee County, Kansas Branch 1
- Newman, Jesse (Jesse C.) 1
- Thomas Knapper & Co. 1
- Topeka Back Home Reunion 1
- Vaughn family. 1
- Vaughn, Charles, 1903- 1
- Woodson, James F., 1921-2000 1 ∧ less