Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Alfred B. McPhaul Papers reflect the Wichita, Kansas postal worker's involvement in that city's St. Matthew C.M.E. Church and interest in photography. They consist of items related to Gwendolyn Fuller Mukes and her performance at St. Matthew C.M.E. and a brief speech by McPhaul given to the Club Vintige. The two folders are arranged alphabetically. Photograph negatives from the collection are located at RH MS-P P571.
The Gordon Parks collection consists of materials from several Kansas newspapers on Parks' work, life, and death.
This collection consists of papers and photographs from J. (Joseph) B. Anderson and his wife Pearl, long-time residents of Topeka, Kansas. J. B. Anderson was a popular photographer in that city from the 1940s through the 1970s.
The Hughes photographs are those of the L.K. Hughes Photography business run by Leon and Rosie Hughes. They illustrate everyday life in Wichita, Kansas from the mid-1940s to the mid-1970s.
- Subject: African American photographers X
- African American photographers 3
- African American families -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American freemasonry -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- African American motion picture producers and directors 1
- African American novelists 1
- African American photographers -- Pictorial works 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Wichita -- Pictorial works 1
- Children -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Families -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Fort Scott (Kan.) 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Greek letter societies -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Weddings -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Societies and clubs -- Pictorial works 1
- Women photographers -- United States -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Anderson, J. B. (Joseph B.) 1
- Anderson, Pearl Gatewood, 1909-1980 1
- Hughes, Leon K., 1913-1978 1
- Hughes, Rosie E., 1921- 1