Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Call Number: RH MS 1032
Overview The Papers of Frances Tomlin are those of a native Kansan who was highly active in Hutchinson.
Dates: 1941 - 1989
Call Number: RH MS 623
Overview Jesse Milan, a longtime resident of northeast Kansas, was the first African American teacher to serve in the integrated Lawrence Unified School District #497. An active community leader, he later became an Assistant Professor of Education at Baker University in Baldwin City, Kansas. Milan's papers consist of personal and family records, professional papers regarding the fields of education and public housing, and service records documenting his involvement in groups such as Optimist...
Dates: 1931 - 2012
Call Number: RH MS P790
Overview The John Mercer Wright papers are those of a longtime Kansas resident who worked for Shawnee County for over fifty years, including service as chief deputy county treasurer.
Dates: 1928 - 1945
Call Number: RH PH 174
Overview This collection contains photographs created by various identified and unidentified amateur and commercial photographers, including Carson and Brunston Photo, J.W. Lockett, Carl Fowler, and James R. Cobb. Individuals portrayed in the photographs are African Americans residing in or from the Kansas City, Kansas community of the mid-20th century.
Dates: approximately 1955-1988
Call Number: RH MS 627
Overview The Caldwell family papers are those of an African American family from Salina, Kansas. The majority of the papers concern Robert C. Caldwell, who was a Salina teacher, City Commissioner, and Salina's first African American and first school teacher elected Mayor. He also served as Representative for Salina in the Kansas State Legislature.
Dates: 1922 - 1999
- African Americans -- Kansas 2
- African American fire fighters -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- African American legislators -- Kansas 1
- African American mayors -- United States 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- Fire departments -- Kansas -- Hutchinson 1
- Fire departments -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- Public housing -- Kansas 1
- Public housing -- Missouri 1 ∧ less
- African Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Armitage, Katie 1
- Baker University 1
- Caldwell family. 1
- Caldwell, Robert C., 1913-1999 1