Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Call Number: RH MS 1183
Overview The African American history clippings collection covers a range of topics related to African American history, with some of the material relating specifically to Kansas and the Kansas City area.
Dates: 1960 - 1996
Call Number: RH MS 1026
Overview The Austin-Frey family papers document a family whose members came to reside in Osage City and Lawrence, Kansas from the late 1800s to the late 1900s.
Dates: 1946 - 1988
Call Number: RH MS 1492
Overview The Brent Campney collection focuses on Dr. Campney's work in researching racist violence, especially towards African Americans in the Great Plains region of the United States. The collection contains newspaper clippings from the mid-1800s through the 20th century, with topics including the Exodusters, racist violence during the Reconstruction period, and violence in both general (Kansas) and specific (Salina, Atchison County, etc.) places. A large subset of materials relates to the 1949...
Dates: 1863-2001 (bulk 1863-1920s)
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P886
Overview The collection consists of a press booklet compiled and sent out by Exodusters Awareness, Inc. prior to the 1984 celebration held in Topeka, Kansas.
- African American athletes 1
- African American entertainers 1
- African American families -- Kansas 1
- African American scientists 1
- African Americans -- History 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Nebraska -- History 1
- Great Plains -- Race relations -- History 1
- Race discrimination -- Kansas 1
- Race riots -- Oklahoma -- Tulsa 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- Austin family. 1
- Campney, Brent M. S. 1
- Exodusters Awareness, Incorporated 1
- Frey family. 1
- Frye family. 1