Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Kansas as depicted in Literature from the beginning to 1886 / by Ina Hunter Unglesby. -- Louisiana State University.
This collection of literary ephemera by author and poet Langston Hughes consists of a program and a translation by Hughes.
The Langston Hughes literary works collection contains a variety of typescripts, proofs, and publications of Hughes' writings acquired from various sources.
The Langston Hughes papers consist of a range of items chiefly pertinent to his career as a poet and playwright.
Collection consists of letters, cards, and notes related to Melvin Landsberg's correspondence with and research on writer John Dos Passos, undertaken for his dissertation on and subsequent biography of Dos Passos, Dos Passos' Path to U.S.A.: A Political Biography, 1912-1936 (1972). The collection also includes correspondence with Dos Passos' friends and notes from interviews Landsberg conducted with Dos Passos' colleagues and friends.
This collection of Elizabeth A. Schultz's personal papers includes two series established by Schultz herself: Personal Documents and Albums. Her personal documents relate largely to professional projects and teaching at KU, as well as to post-retirement publications and philanthropic activities. The Albums series includes photograph albums and scrapbooks from Schultz's childhood through post-retirement travels around the world.
Robert "Bob" Hemenway was the sixteenth Chancellor at the University of Kansas. Materials in his collection include administrative documents from his time at KU and from previous posts at the University of Kentucky, the University of Wyoming, and the University of Oklahoma; his literary biography of Zora Neale Hurston; and his dissertation on Charles Brockden Brown, amongst other materials related to Hemenway's career.
The collection includes a few manuscripts by University of Kansas English faculty member and author William Savage Johnson, letters received from and sent to notable writers by Johnson, and a small number of materials from Johnson's wife, Claudia Pendleton Johnson.
- Subject: American literature X
- American literature 4
- American literature -- African American authors 4
- African American arts -- History 2
- African Americans -- Intellectual life 2
- American drama -- African American authors 2
- American literature -- Kansas 2
- Harlem Renaissance 2
- Authors -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Manuscripts 1
- English literature -- 19th century 1
- English literature -- 20th century 1
- Environmentalism -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Kansas -- In literature 1
- Politics in literature 1 ∧ less
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 4
- Brown, Charles Brockden, 1771-1810 1
- Dos Passos, John, 1896-1970 1
- Gordon, Taylor, 1893-1971 1
- Hemenway, Robert E., 1941-2015 1
- Hurston, Zora Neale 1
- Johnson, Claudia Pendleton 1
- Johnson, William Savage, 1877-1942 1
- Landsberg, Melvin 1
- Ohle, David 1
- Schultz, Elizabeth A. 1
- Unglesby, Ina Hunter 1
- University of Kansas. Department of English 1
- University of Kentucky 1
- University of Oklahoma 1
- University of Wyoming 1 ∧ less
- Chinese 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Japanese 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 ∧ less