Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 35
Contains a copy of "A History of the Dickinson Theatre: Why it Should be Preserved" by David D. Bibb and includes details about the history and architectural details of the Dickinson Theatre in Topeka, Kansas. Also contains photocopies of building plans and some Bibbs's research notes and reference materials.
A history of the establishment and the architecture of the English Lutheran Church (later the Trinity Lutheran Church) of Lawrence, Kansas, written by Cathy Ambler, December 1990. Ambler's history of the church was produced as a student paper for a University of Kansas course in Architecture.
A 69-page overview of the architectural development of the St. Mary's College complex at St. Marys, Kansas, written by University of Kansas graduate student Barbara Anderson for a fall 1989 class in American Architectural History. This photocopy of Anderson's typescript contains her reproductions of campus maps, building photographs, and building floor plans.
School of Architecture class projects led by Curtis Besinger when he taught at the University of Kansas. Includes architectural surveys of historic sites in Douglas County, the larger state of Kansas, and some locations in Kansas City, Missouri.
A description of the Majors home which stands at 83rd Street and State Line (8145 State Line Road in Leawood, Kansas and 8206 Wyoming Street in Kansas City, Missouri) and sketch of the business career of Alexander Majors. There are reproductions of several documents relevant to the history of the house, as well as a floor plan of the home, and photographs of Majors. Majors was a partner in the early western freighting firm of Russell, Majors and Waddell.
Ida (Blood) Hasselman was the daughter of Colonel James Blood (1819-1891), a prominent early settler of Lawrence, Kansas. This collection contains photographs and manuscripts regarding the Blood family.
Correspondence regarding additions to the Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Chicago, Illinois, 1937. Letters transmitting architectural drawings and a set of drawings for the hospital.
This collection is made up predominately of files relating to Nimz's work on various preservation projects around Kansas. Work in Lawrence features most heavily, but the collection also includes work on the Smoky Hills Air National Guard Range and projects elsewhere in Kansas and Missouri. Also in the collection is material from some of the university classes Nimz has taught and materials from archetecture and historic preservation conferences Nimz has attended.
This collection contains drawings and negatives pertaining to projects, both public and private, in the Kansas City region and Lawrence, Kansas area. Much of the collection focuses on John C. Morley's work with projects surrounding the Kansas City International Airport (MCI), including the masterplan of the Industrial Park. Other projects include single-family residences, dormitory and other projects at Rockhurst University, and commercial buildings.
This collection contains architectural plans, bid packages, photographs, internal communications, and business plans relating to the construction of the Power and Light District in Kansas City, Missouri.
This collection includes financial records, meeting minutes, correspondence, membership rosters, and other administrative information for the Kansas Society of Architects, a professional organization for architects living and/or working in Kansas.
Thihs collection contains student papers on local history, with emphasis on architecture.
The collection contains detailed drawings of the construction of Lawrence Memorial Hospital (LMH) and its renovations done by a number of different architecture firms throughout the course of the building's history. Additionally, there is some information related to the then-possible takeover of LMH by Columbia/Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) in 1996.
Architectural drawings of buildings in Kansas City and Wichita, correspondence, class reports, measured drawings, photographs, and miscellaneous items.
This collection contains black and white photographic prints and some drawings of Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas buildings used by Moseley and Company, real estate brokers in the KC metro region in the mid-20th century.
Undergraduate thesis by Ben Wearing regarding 19th century buildings located in Lawrence, Kansas. Card file index also available. Photographs from the thesis have been physically separated and are located at RH PH 552 (formerly at RH MS-P D195).
The Curtis Besinger collection is made up of correspondence, papers, photographs, plans, and printed books and periodicals reflecting Besinger's life as a University of Kansas graduate, Taliesin Fellow under Frank Lloyd Wright's tutelage, WWII conscientious objector, KU architecture professor, author of Working with Mr. Wright: What It Was Like, and architect.
This collection consists of landscape architect practice information, horticulture information, various projects plans, billing statements, and correspondence between Alton Thomas, a landscape architect and faculty member at the University of Kansas, and those working with him.
Kahn taught in the School of Architecture and Design at the University of Kansas from 1968-1991. This collection consists of correspondence, conferences and design programs, and information about the Environmental Research Foundation.
This collection contains documentation regarding architectural works by Donald E. Hatch, mostly dating from his works in Caracas, Venezuela during the 1950s and San Francisco, California during the 1960s-1970s.
- Subject: Architecture X
- Architecture -- Designs and plans 13
- Architecture -- Kansas 5
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 5
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Kansas City 3
- Architecture -- Study and teaching -- Kansas -- Lawrence 3
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Kansas City -- Pictorial works 2
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century 2
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Historic buildings 2
- Historic buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Hospital buildings -- Design and construction 2
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 2
- Architects -- California 1
- Architects -- Kansas 1
- Architects -- Missouri -- Biography 1
- Architects -- Venezuela 1
- Architecture 1
- Architecture -- Details 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Kansas City -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Saint Marys 1
- Architecture -- Missouri 1
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Saint Louis -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Venezuela -- Caracas 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- Kansas -- Leawood 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- History 1
- Birds -- Great Britain 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Specifications 1
- Church architecture 1
- Church architecture -- England 1
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Designs and plans 1
- Church buildings -- England 1
- College buildings -- Kansas -- Saint Marys 1
- Dwellings 1
- Fort Scott (Kan.) 1
- Historic preservation -- Kansas 1
- Historic preservation -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Historic preservation -- Missouri 1
- Kansas City Power & Light District (Kansas City, Mo.) 1
- Landscape architecture -- Kansas 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Military architecture 1
- Ornithology -- Great Britain 1
- Patagonia (Argentina and Chile) 1
- Portraits -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Pueblo architecture -- Kansas -- Scott County 1
- Theater architecture -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Vernacular architecture 1 ∧ less
- University of Kansas. School of Architecture and Urban Design 4
- Besinger, Curtis 3
- Comee, Fred T. 2
- Curtiss, Louis Singleton, 1865-1924 2
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 2
- Ambler, Cathy 1
- Anderson, Barbara, 1960- 1
- Asbury, Robert Fossett 1
- Bibb, David D. 1
- Blood, James, 1819-1891 1
- Charles Hodgdon and Son, Architects. 1
- Corman, Warren, 1926- 1
- Cuthbert & Suehrk, Architects 1
- Cuthbert, Charles D. 1
- Dickinson Theatre (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Domer, Dennis, 1944- 1
- Environmental Research and Development Foundation 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Fisher, Harry W. (Harry Wilfred), 1887-1993 1
- Good, Lawrence R. 1
- Gunn, Donald, Dr. 1
- Hasselman, Ida, 1853-1938 1
- Hatch, Donald E. 1
- Kahn, Charles (Architecture) 1
- Kansas City International Airport (Mo.) 1
- Kansas Society of Architects 1
- Lockett, John Hoyl 1
- Lucas, William M., Jr., 1934-2015 1
- Majors, Alexander, 1814-1900 1
- Marshall, Charles L., 1905-1992 1
- Martin, H. T. (Handel Tongue), 1861-1930 or 1931 1
- Miami County (Kan.). Court House 1
- Morley, John C., 1914-2001 1
- Nimz, Dale 1
- Olmstead, Philip D. 1
- Russell, Majors and Waddell 1
- Russell, William Hepburn, 1812-1872 1
- Scheetz, Maybelle 1
- Spreckelmeyer, Kent F., 1950- 1
- St. Mary's College (Saint Marys, Kan.) 1
- Thomas, Alton, 1913-1990 1
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Facilities Operations and Planning 1
- Waddell, W. B. (William Bradford), 1807-1872 1
- Waldo Flea Market 1
- Washburn, George P., 1846-1922 1
- Wearing, Ben 1
- Whitney, Donald W. 1
- Williamson, Thomas, 1887-1974 1
- Williamson, Thomas, Jr. 1
- Williamson-Loebsack & Associates 1
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 1
- Zubeck, Joseph E. (Joseph Ernst) 1 ∧ less