Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P713
Overview A history of the establishment and the architecture of the English Lutheran Church (later the Trinity Lutheran Church) of Lawrence, Kansas, written by Cathy Ambler, December 1990. Ambler's history of the church was produced as a student paper for a University of Kansas course in Architecture.
Dates: December 1990
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P709
Overview A 69-page overview of the architectural development of the St. Mary's College complex at St. Marys, Kansas, written by University of Kansas graduate student Barbara Anderson for a fall 1989 class in American Architectural History. This photocopy of Anderson's typescript contains her reproductions of campus maps, building photographs, and building floor plans.
Call Number: RH AD 8
Overview This collection contains architectural drawings, tracings, contracts, specifications, and various documents relating to architecture designed by Charles L. Marshall. Most records pertain to his time in private practice, but there is also some documentation and drawings from when he was Assistant and State Architect for the state of Kansas. Marshall's architectural projects include public school buildings, college and university buildings, commercial buildings, hospitals, National Guard...
Dates: 1908 - 1992
Call Number: RH PH 178(f)
Overview Robert Asbury completed his Masters thesis for the department of Architecture at the University of Kansas, Kansas architecture: A survey of development from the pre-territorial period to the present, in 1961. This collection of photographs was used as supporting material for the thesis. Dates in the inventory concern when the building(s) was/were built, not when the photographs were created. While many buildings photographed are in Lawrence, Kansas, there are...
Dates: 1858 - 1907
Call Number: RH MS 850
Overview This collection includes financial records, meeting minutes, correspondence, membership rosters, and other administrative information for the Kansas Society of Architects, a professional organization for architects living and/or working in Kansas.
Dates: 1920 - 2016
Call Number: RH MS 713
Overview Thihs collection contains student papers on local history, with emphasis on architecture.
Call Number: RH AD 12
Overview The collection contains detailed drawings of the construction of Lawrence Memorial Hospital (LMH) and its renovations done by a number of different architecture firms throughout the course of the building's history. Additionally, there is some information related to the then-possible takeover of LMH by Columbia/Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) in 1996.
Dates: 1933 - 1996
Call Number: RH MS 720
Overview This collection covers the architectural career of Lawrence Good, starting with his time in the army and beginning his education at the Royal College of Architecture through his private practice career. The collection includes tracings, specifications, working drawings, and other materials related to the architectural design process, as well as correspondence, news clippings, reference material, data, contarcts, analyses and reports, presentation design booklets for clients and the general...
Dates: 1945 - 1997
Call Number: RH PH 135
Overview This collection contains black and white photographic prints and some drawings of Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas buildings used by Moseley and Company, real estate brokers in the KC metro region in the mid-20th century.
Dates: approximately 1920s-1969
Call Number: RH MS D195
Overview Undergraduate thesis by Ben Wearing regarding 19th century buildings located in Lawrence, Kansas. Card file index also available. Photographs from the thesis have been physically separated and are located at RH PH 552 (formerly at RH MS-P D195).
Call Number: PP 614
Overview This collection consists of landscape architect practice information, horticulture information, various projects plans, billing statements, and correspondence between Alton Thomas, a landscape architect and faculty member at the University of Kansas, and those working with him.
Dates: 1948 - 1987
Call Number: PP 164
Overview Handel T. Martin worked in the Paleontology Division of the Museum of Natural History at the University of Kansas from 1899-1924. This collection consists of notes about a trip to Patagonia and some Pueblo ruins in Scott County, Kansas.
Dates: 1899, 1903-1904
Call Number: RH MS 956
Overview P.D. Olmstead owned and operated a contracting business in Lawrence, Kansas from 1925-1968. He built several buildings on the University of Kansas campus. This collection encompasses his business records, predominantly client and vendor account files filed by individual or business name, as well as architectural drawings and plans related building projects and personal family photographs.
Dates: 1890-1975 (bulk 1920s-1966)
Collection — Volume: 1
Call Number: RH MS D95
Overview Architectural plans and the history of the Miami County Court House, erected 1898, George P. Washburn, architect. The report was written for Professor Besinger's Introduction to Architecture II class. [Lawrence, Kan.]
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH PH P2833
Overview This collection contains 57 afgachrome color slides that depict the exteriors of different churches in Lawrence, Kansas. The slides are all identified and organized alphabetically by church name; many of the slides are stamped with the name "Neal M. Wherry." Includes a variety of Protestant denominations and one slide of St. John's Catholic Church.
Dates: approximately 1990s
Call Number: RH AD 6
Overview This collection contains material from architectural projects, including architectural drawings, tracings, specifications, correspondence, contractor information, and various documents from the Williamson-Loebsack and Associates architectural firm. Over 1000 structures were built by this firm, and this collection contains records from over 600 of those projects. These projects range from public school buildings (elementary, junior, and high schools), college and university buildings, commercial...
Dates: 1912 - 1971
Call Number: PP 592
Overview This collection contains drawings and blueprints done by Warren Corman during his time in private practice, working at the Office of Warren Corman, the Office of Williamson and Corman, and the Office of Howells-Hale-Corman, all located in Topeka, Kansas. The collection consists of drawings of local residences and houses, as well as records related to the research and design of White Memorial Camp for the United Church of Christ in Council Grove, KS.
Dates: Bulk 1950s-1960s
- Architecture -- Designs and plans 6
- Architecture -- Kansas 5
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 5
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Architects -- Kansas 1
- Architecture -- Details 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Kansas City -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Saint Marys 1
- Architecture -- Missouri 1
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Kansas City 1
- Architecture -- Missouri -- Kansas City -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- History 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Specifications 1
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Designs and plans 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- College buildings -- Kansas -- Saint Marys 1
- Historic buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Hospital buildings -- Design and construction 1
- Landscape architecture -- Kansas 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Patagonia (Argentina and Chile) 1
- Pueblo architecture -- Kansas -- Scott County 1 ∧ less
- Ambler, Cathy 1
- Anderson, Barbara, 1960- 1
- Asbury, Robert Fossett 1
- Corman, Warren, 1926- 1
- Domer, Dennis, 1944- 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Good, Lawrence R. 1
- Kansas Society of Architects 1
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Marshall, Charles L., 1905-1992 1
- Martin, H. T. (Handel Tongue), 1861-1930 or 1931 1
- Miami County (Kan.). Court House 1
- Olmstead, Philip D. 1
- Scheetz, Maybelle 1
- St. Mary's College (Saint Marys, Kan.) 1
- Thomas, Alton, 1913-1990 1
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Facilities Operations and Planning 1
- University of Kansas. School of Architecture and Urban Design 1
- Waldo Flea Market 1
- Washburn, George P., 1846-1922 1
- Wearing, Ben 1
- Whitney, Donald W. 1
- Williamson, Thomas, 1887-1974 1
- Williamson, Thomas, Jr. 1
- Williamson-Loebsack & Associates 1 ∧ less