Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection of 68 letters, postcards, telegrams, by literary and artistic figures, all addressed to Poetry Bookshop, 38 Great Russell Street, London, regarding its grand reopening at its new location.
Unbound letters: artistic (and literary and social). The collection includes 140 letters written to Frederic Shields, arranged by writer (usually an artist or literary man). Also in the collection are 3 letters by Shields; 2 letters by Caine to Ernestine Mills (MS 44Eb); 1 letter by Hughes to McLachlan (MS 44Ke); 1 sketch by Shields (MS 44L:38); and 1 printed ticket (MS 44L:3b).
Streeter Blair was born in Cadmus, Kansas and spent most of his life as a teacher, editor, clothier, and antique dealer. The papers relate to his career as an artist during the last fourteen years of his life.
- Subject: Artists -- Correspondence X
- Art Therapy 1
- Artists -- Biography 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Farm life in art 1
- Kansas -- In art 1
- Landscape painting, American 1
- Literary landmarks -- England -- London 1
- Men -- Portraits 1
- Pre-Raphaelitism 1
- Women -- Portraits 1
- Women artists -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- Blair, Streeter, 1888-1966 1
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 1
- Federal Art Project (Kan.) 1
- Hoyt, Charles B. 1
- Hughes, Arthur, 1832-1915 1