Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Four glass plate negatives of varying sizes depicting basketball teams from unidentified high schools. Includes a 1917 sophomore team (logos on jerseys difficult to read); 1913-1914 juniors with a trophy (emulsion is flaking off plate); undated portrait (there appears to be an 8 on the basketball?); and the 1912-1913 S.J.H.S. team (plate is cracked in half). The teams are in various standing, seated, and kneeling poses and consist of 5-7 boys in uniform.
John B. McLendon, Jr. was a record-setting African American basketball coach, who pioneered the racial integration and strategic development of the game. McLendon's papers chronicle his outstanding coaching career in amateur and professional athletics.
- African American basketball coaches 1
- African American college students -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Basketball 1
- Basketball -- Coaching -- United States 1
- Basketball -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Basketball -- United States -- History 1
- Basketball coaches -- United States 1
- Basketball teams -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- University of Kansas 2
- Allen, Forrest C., 1885-1974 1
- Basketball Hall of Fame (Springfield, Mass.) 1
- McLendon, John B. 1
- Schwegler, Alice 1