Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
A 92-page city plan for the community of Lawrence, Kansas, prepared in 1930 by the Kansas City-based architectural landscape firm of Hare and Hare. The report includes recommendations regarding streets and transportation, public properties, schools, and zoning.
These are the working papers of Johanna Kollmorgen when she served as a member of the Lawrence-Douglas County (Kansas) Planning Commission. The Planning Commission is responsible for long-range comprehensive plans and development of the Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, land area. The collection includes the commission meeting minutes, staff reports and other supporting documentation from 1969-1979.
These materials relate to Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, planning initiatives in the latter part of the 20th century and development oversight. The collection includes photographs, photo-lithographic aluminum plates, and negatives, as well as printed material.
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office implements city and county comprehensive plans by developing and administering zoning codes, regulations, plans and policies. It guides land use planning principles and practices and supports city and county commission, including the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission. These maps document city and county planning between 1857-2000 which include the redevelopment plans for downtown Lawrence, Kansas.
The collection is arranged chronologically and contains minutes of meetings, clippings, petitions, and other manuscript materials documenting the activities of the organization.
This collection contains eight pages of the 1854 minutes of the Lawrence Common Council meetings regarding discussion of city boundaries, laws and rights of residents, and a list of jurors, documenting the founding of the town of Lawrence, Kansas.
Letter to J. W. Newsom dated Lawrence, Kan., December 20, 1971. Letter concerns a proposed housing development adjoining the Country Club. Enclosure is an outline of objections to the development by residents of the neighborhood.
A June 1935 report of public works plans for Douglas County, Kansas, prepared by a subcommittee of the Lawrence, Kansas Chamber of Commerce at the request of the Kansas State Planning Board. The report also describes progress toward objectives set forth in the 1930 report titled "A City Plan for Lawrence, Kansas," prepared by the firm of Hare and Hare.
A preliminary discussion draft, dated September 10, 1981, of a Recommended comprehensive development plan for downtown Lawrence, Kansas, prepared for the City of Lawrence by Robert B. Teska Associates, Inc. of Evanston, Illinois. Included with the report, transmitted to Johanna Kollmorgen, is a letter from Dean Palos (Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office).
- Subject: City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence X
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 8
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 2
- Public works--Kansas--Lawrence. 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights 1
- African Americans -- Housing 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Douglas County -- Maps 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Maps 1
- City planning districts -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Civic improvement 1
- Community development -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Discrimination in housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Economic policy 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Maps 1
- Housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Land settlement -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Economic policy 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Maps 1
- Municipal government -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Public works--Kansas--Douglas County. 1
- Shopping malls -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Store location -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Transportation -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 1
- Urban renewal -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission 3
- Kollmorgen, Johanna 2
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office 2
- Curran, Peter K. 1
- Hare & Hare 1