Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This is a collection of identified photographic material from Horton, Kansas. Also included are copies of business correspondence of a family business in Horton and a scrapbook of Veterans of Foreign Wars Drum and Bugle Corps.
Scrapbook of mounted newspaper clippings on Kansas history. The articles appeared in the late 1920's and early 1930's. Also included are drawings taken from Andreas' History of Kansas.
The University of Kansas Division of Continuing Education created and maintained these clippings files on Kansas-related subjects from the 1950s through the 1970s.
Two volumes of mounted newspaper clippings collected by Watson Library staff from numerous publications circa 1863-1963, on the life of William Clark Quantrill and the raid on Lawrence, Kansas, August 21, 1863. Volume one contains newspaper articles on the James brothers, Frank and Jesse and volume two contains articles on survivors and reunions of the Raid on Lawrence
The collection of papers by Solon Otis Thacher contains original manuscripts, along with copies of his addresses, sermons and speeches, including some he made while he was in South America. The collection also includes journals, notebooks, newsclippings and articles, and a diary owned by Thacher.
The collection contains a scrapbook of newspaper clippings relating to the history of Pawnee and Stafford Counties. Most of the clippings are of, "This Kansas column," which was written by Baker. The dated articles are from the early 1940's. The collection also contains an early history of Larned State Hospital, Larned, Kansas.
- Subject: Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) X
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 5
- Kansas -- History 2
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) -- Specimens 1
- Drum and bugle corps -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- Horton (Kan.) -- History 1
- Horton (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Hospitals -- Kansas -- Larned 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Lawyers -- Kansas -- Archives 1
- Pawnee County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Public welfare -- Kansas 1
- South America 1
- Stafford County (Kan.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Baker, Hazel Bennett 1
- Bourquin family 1
- Bourquin, Emile, 1851-1945 1
- Bourquin, Jules A., 1877-1964 1
- Doerr, A. A. 1
- Frizell, E. E. 1
- James, Frank, 1844-1915 1
- James, Jesse, 1847-1882 1
- Larned State Hospital (Kan.) 1
- Lindas, L. 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Thacher, S. O. (Solon Otis), 1830-1895 1
- University of Kansas. Division of Continuing Education 1
- University of Kansas. Libraries 1
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. Department of Kansas. Junior Drum and Bugle Corps 1 ∧ less