Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Douglas County Historical Society was organized in 1933 by a group headed by Professor F. N. Raymond of the University of Kansas. This collection consists of manuscript and printed materials from a variety of individuals, businesses, and organizations associated with the history of Douglas County, Kansas, from its territorial settlment period of the 1850s through much of the 20th century, deposited by the Douglas County Historical Society with the Spencer Research Library.
This collection of Lawrence, Kansas-based historian Katie Hart Armitage's papers includes Armitage's correspondence spanning from the 1970s until 2016, as well as her historical research materials and preparatory notes for tours and presentations centered primarily on the American Civil War, the Oregon-California Trail, and the Santa Fe Trail.
Bessie Wilder worked in the libraries of the University of Kansas from 1920-1957. This collection consists of local history notes, photographs, bibliographies, and a manuscript on the history of executive branch state agencies for the State of Kansas.
This collection consists of a single photograph of the "Signal Oak," a tree north of Baldwin, Kansas on the Barricklaw farm used to hang signal lanterns in times of danger in the Big Hill and Blue Mound areas during the Border Wars between Kansas and Missouri. S.C. Barricklaw is also featured in the photograph, and there is a news clipping associated with the image.
- Kansas -- History 2
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 2
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Baldwin City (Kan.) -- History 1
- Cemeteries -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Franklin (Kan.) -- History 1
- Industrial organization -- Kansas 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Genealogy 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Missouri -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Oregon National Historic Trail 1
- Parks -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Public schools -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail 1
- Stony Point (Kan.) -- History 1
- Winchester rifle 1 ∧ less
- Armitage, Katie 1
- Crawford, S. J. (Samuel Johnson), 1835-1913 1
- Crosswhite, Craig S. 1
- Douglas County Historical Society (Douglas County, Kan.) 1
- Edwards, Charles L. (Charles Livingston), 1828-1916 1