Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Letter written by C.C. Andrews in Fort Leavenworth to his friend, William Pierce.
Letters of Forrest W. Bassett (Company A, 6th Field Battalion, U.S. Signal Corps), while in training at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
This collection consists of eighty-one letters and two postcards written from July 1917 to May 1918 by U.S. Army Signal Corpsman Forrest W. Bassett of Beloit, Wisconsin, while stationed at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Most of Bassett's letters are to Ava Marie Shaw of Beloit, to whom he writes of his affection and of his drills and training for World War I military service as a radio operator.
- Subject: Fort Leavenworth (Kan.) -- Description and travel X
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1854-1861 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- Andrews, C. C. 1
- Bassett, Ave Marie Shaw, 1903-1992 1
- Bassett, Forrest W., 1897-1985 1
- United States. Army. Field Signal Battalion, 6th. Company A 1