Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
A collection of photographs from the family of Bessie Wilson. Includes two photographs of the 9th Cavalry band, a photograph of a father and his two daughters with the label "Wilson Family," a photograph of five African American men, and a large group photograph in front of the Mount Carmel Missionary Baptist Church.
Panoramic sepia-toned silver gelatin photographic print labeled: Camp Forsythe, Fort Riley, Kansas, Oct. 1945; CRTC, MPRTC trained here during World War II, No. 60; Anderson Studio, Junction City, Kansas.
Two hundred sixty-three photographs, some printed as postcards, and 89 negatives of Camp Funston, Fort Riley, Kansas, during World War I when Camp Funston was used as a training facility. Joseph Pennell is noted as the photographer for some, though not all, of the photographs. The photographs and negatives portray structures and buildings on Camp Funston grounds, as well as soldiers and officers stationed there.
Rolled silver gelatin panoramic photographic print, probably of Camp Funston, the training camp built at Fort Riley, Kansas during World War I. The photograph was taken by Verne O. Williams Photographic Co. Kansas City, Missouri.
Silver gelatin panoramic photographic print of the tent city that made up the Camp of Instruction at Fort Riley, Kansas, in 1913, with the Kansas National Guard. Taken by the photographer Joseph Pennell of nearby Junction City.
This collection consists of one panoramic photograph on fabric backing. A caption reads "Camp of Instruction. Fort Riley, '08, Pennell photo."
Five panoramic silver gelatin photographic prints showing Kansas National Guard (K.N.G.) soldiers at Fort Riley, Kansas in the latter half of the 1920s. The photographs have been flattened and wrapped around a structural support tube in a single cubic foot box.
Photographs of Fort Riley, Kan. and other locations during World War II and the years directly following. The photographs appear to have been taken mostly by a sergeant who trained at Fort Riley and was later sent overseas to serve in Europe and Japan. Several photographs show a three-vehicle wreck in a roadside ditch 33 kilometers from Landshut, Germany, potentially as part of "Exercise Normal," a large scale war maneuvers training event in the fall of 1948.
Neider's letters are all written to his sister, Mrs. T. H. Hack, who lived in Lawrence, Kansas. The letters date from his first day of active service until his discharge and return home. Neider related army life in the United States and France.
Cheifly official military orders issued Henry P. Perrine from 1871 to 1875 during his service at Fort Riley, Kansas and later at Fort Lyon (Colorado Territory) with the 6th U. S. Cavalry Regiment.
The William Harrington III papers are those of a long time Kansas resident and former Buffalo Soldier who served in the U.S. Army for 30 years.
This collection contains portraits of Wilson and Gigax family members, photographs of various businesses in Abilene, and the Tremont Hotel in Coffeyville, Kansas. There is also a photo album which contains photographs of scenes in Dickinson and Geary counties around 1917-1920, which includes scenes at Camp Funston during World War I.
- Subject: Fort Riley (Kan.) -- History X
- Fort Riley (Kan.) -- History 9
- Fort Riley (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 4
- World War, 1914-1918 3
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American soldiers 1
- Camp Dodge (Iowa) -- History 1
- Fort Lyon (Colo.) -- History 1
- Germany -- History -- 1933-1945 -- Photographs 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955 -- Photographs 1
- Junction City (Kan.) -- History 1
- Military bases -- Kansas 1
- Photographers -- Kansas -- Junction City 1 ∧ less
- Pennell, Joseph Judd, 1866-1922 4
- United States. Army 3
- United States. Army. Cavalry, 9th 2
- Anderson Studio (Junction City, Kan.) 1
- Apfelbaum, Charles 1
- Emerson, Robin 1
- Hack, T. H., Mrs. 1
- Harrington, William, 1894-1994 1
- Kansas. National Guard 1
- Macdonald's Collectibles 1
- Neider, Guttlieb 1
- Perrine, Henry P. (Henry Pratt), 1846-1927 1
- Peterson, Marie Norma Blanchard 1
- United States. Army. Cavalry, 10th 1
- United States. Army. Cavalry, 6th 1
- Verne O. Williams Photographic Co. 1
- Wilson, Bessie L., 1919-2001 1
- Wilson, Elizabeth, 1866-1932. 1
- Wilson, Thomas A., 1851-1927. 1 ∧ less