Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Photocopy of a translation of a letter written by Peder Nelson to his son-in-law in Norway describing settling and farming in Buchanan County, Missouri. The translation was made by Frank G. Nelson.
Relates experiences on farm near Osceola, Missouri, in pre-Civil War days. Describes the family's move to Illinois to escape Confederate sentiments. Gives some details of his brother's experiences in the war. Mentions Lincoln's death and its effect on the family.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Missouri 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Missouri -- Buchanan County 1
- Missouri -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Missouri -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Osceola (Mo.) -- History 1
- Dannevik, O. M. (Ole Mathias) 1
- Nelson, Frank G. 1
- Nelson, Peder 1
- Upton, Charles G. 1