Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Photograph taken by David Benjamin of Garnett, Anderson County, Kansas in 1990.
Stereographic views of Garnett, Kansas. The photographs were taken by Andrew I. Cook, a photographer originally from Pitcher, New York, who opened a gallery in Garnett in December 1879, then moved to Cincinnatus, New York in about 1884.
The collection consists primarily of photographs taken in and around Garnett, Kansas, during the early 1900s. The collection also contains reports from the superintendent of schools in Ottawa, Kansas, to the Board of Education during the years 1931 through 1948.
This collection includes photographic prints, cabinet card photographs, and tintypes of Stewart family members, who lived in Garnett, Kansas. Most of the photographs are unlabeled. Many photographs were taken in Kansas, but some were taken in Indiana, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.
- Subject: Garnett (Kan.) -- Photographs X
- Commercial photography -- Kansas -- Garnett 1
- Garnett (Kan.) -- History 1
- Schools -- Kansas -- Augusta -- History 1
- Schools -- Kansas -- Ottawa -- History 1
- Benjamin, David, 1963- 1
- Cook, Andrew I. 1
- Marshall, George H., 1878-1963 1
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin 1
- Stuart family 1