Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Hollis Dow Hedberg was a world famous geologist who would become Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. The majority of this collection relates to his work for the Gulf Oil Corporation in various capacities in Venezuela and later in their corporate offices.
This collection consists of J. Harlan Johnson's research material, including notes, reference material, publications, and photographs, relating primarily to various forms of algae. The material concerns his time as curator of the Colorado School of Mines' Geology Museum, teaching at the school, and research and consultation work outside academia.
This collection contains a scrapbook and notes from field trips conducted by Dunbar, as well as information from the International Congress of Geologists and other materials related to Carl Dunbar's professional interests and personal life.
Merriam was a researcher in the Kansas Geological Survey at the University of Kansas. This collection consists of correspondence, notes, book drafts, and research materials.
A native of Phillipsburg, Kansas, Wallace Pratt (1885-1981) was a University of Kansas graduate who began his career in geology with the Kansas Geological Survey. Pratt went on to become a renowned petroleum geologist. This collection of his papers includes maps, photographic materials, and papers relating to geology and the American oil industry. Represented in the collection are companies such as Exxon, Standard Oil, and Conoco.
- Subject: Geology -- Research X
- Petroleum industry and trade 2
- Algae, Fossil 1
- Coralline algae, Fossil 1
- Law of the sea 1
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists 1
- American Commission on Stratigraphic Nomenclature 1
- American Geological Institute 1
- American Petroleum Institute 1
- Dunbar, Carl O. (Carl Owen), 1891-1979 1
- Geological Society of America 1
- Gulf Oil Corporation 1
- Hedberg, Hollis Dow, 1903- 1
- International Geoscience Programme 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. Commission on Stratigraphy 1
- International Union of Geological Sciences. International Subcommission on Stratigraphic Classification 1
- Johnson, J. Harlan (Jesse Harlan), 1892-1974 1
- Kansas Geological Survey 1
- Merriam, Daniel Francis 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) 1
- Pratt, Wallace Everette, 1885-1981 1
- Princeton University. Deptartment of Geology 1
- United Nations. Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East 1
- World Petroleum Congress 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1