Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Private diary or minutes by an uknown author. Title on leaf 3: "Notes of the things moved and preffered In p[ar]lament since my cuming hether wch was on the 18 of aprill 1614 but was begun the 5 of aprill." Original, perhaps compiled notes. Largely a narrative of proceedings in the House of Commons, digesting each speech; some transcripts of speeches; a few anecdotes, such as the account of the death of the Duke of Richmond, 1624. Some royal letters, petitions, etc.
Compiled volume of separately written pieces bound together, including historical notes, 17th century poems, petitions, etc.
Collection of volumes and loose items pertaining to the Star Chamber, a court that existed in England at the Palace of Westminster from approximately the 15th century through 1641, when it was abolished by the Long Parliament.
- Subject: Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1649 X
- Great Britain -- History -- Early works to 1800 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Medieval period, 1066-1485 1
- Legal documents -- England -- Early works to 1800 1
- London (England) 1
- Norfolk (England) -- History 1
- England. Court of Star Chamber 1
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons 1
- Hudson, William, 1577 or 1578-1635 1
- Macro, Cox, -1767 1
- Sherfield, Henry, -1634 1