Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Call Number: RH MS 817
Overview This collection, dating from 1880 to 1984, contains manuscript and published accounts of the family line of Hesper, Kansas pioneers Samuel Hunt Davis (1848-1938) and his wife Emma Stubbs Davis (1855-1942), whose Quaker family siblings and descendants figured prominently in the early history of Kansas, including the founding of Friends University at Wichita. Many of the accounts are written by the collection's donor, Mildred Davis Watson, a daughter of Samuel and Emma Davis and a long-time...
Dates: 1880 - 1984
Call Number: RH MS 979
Overview This collection contains various histories of the community of Hesper in Douglas County, Kansas. Included are histories of the Hesper Academy and the Hesper Friends Church, as well as biographies of Davis family members who were early Hesper settlers and witnesses to William Quantrill's August 1863 raid on the nearby town of Lawrence.
Dates: 1912 - 1977
Call Number: RH MS P267
Overview Collection of material by and about the Honorable Levi Woodward, or Woodard, and his family, who moved to Douglas County, Kansas during the territorial era.
Dates: 1851 - [not after 1951]
- Subject: Hesper (Kan.) -- History X
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 2
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Genealogy 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Eudora (Kan.) -- History 1
- Human services -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Public welfare -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Schools -- Kansas -- Douglas County -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Kansas -- History 1 ∧ less
- Davis, Emma Stubbs, 1885-1942 2
- Davis, Samuel Hunt, 1848-1938 2
- Hesper Academy (Hesper, Kan.) 2
- Watson, Mildred Davis 2
- Bull, Eva Woodward 1