Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
A history of the establishment and the architecture of the English Lutheran Church (later the Trinity Lutheran Church) of Lawrence, Kansas, written by Cathy Ambler, December 1990. Ambler's history of the church was produced as a student paper for a University of Kansas course in Architecture.
School of Architecture class projects led by Curtis Besinger when he taught at the University of Kansas. Includes architectural surveys of historic sites in Douglas County, the larger state of Kansas, and some locations in Kansas City, Missouri.
This collection consists of survey forms which contain a history and architectural decription for each of 229 historic buildings in downtown Lawrence, Kansas. The survey content was compiled in 1993 by Deon Wolfenbarger (Three Gables Preservation) for the Lawrence Downtown Historic Building Survey, a project for which she was commissioned by the City of Lawrence and the Lawrence Historic Resources Commission.
Contains a general survey conducted by Vieux Associates in 1981 at the request of the City-County Planning Department in Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas. The survey was conducted for a redevelopment project for downtown Lawrence and includes a list of historically and architecturally significant buildings.
This research paper describes the historic and architectural significance of the Union Pacific Railroad passenger depot at Lawrence, Kansas which prompted its restoration as an historic site. The paper was prepared by University of Kansas students Jennifer Garrett, Kelly Reynolds, and Lonnie Clark in February 1996 for a senior seminar in Architecture. It was submitted to the Kansas Historic Preservation Office as part of its Kansas Historic Resources Inventory.
Shelley Miller was a long-time Kansas resident, both attending the University of Kansas as a student and serving as head of the Department for Spain, Portugal and Latin America at the KU Libraries. Throughout her life, Shelley participated in social activism on the local and national level. This collection reflects her professional and personal efforts through newspaper clippings, informational pamphlets, scrapbooks, and personal correspondence.
Historic and architectural surveys of five University of Kansas fraternity and sorority houses, conducted by Lonnie Clark in February 1996 for the Lawrence Kansas Historic Resources Survey.
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 2
- Old West Lawrence Historic District (Lawrence, Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 2
- Architecture -- Designs and plans 1
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Costa Rica 1
- Cuba 1
- Dwellings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- El Salvador 1
- Greek letter societies -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Guatemala 1
- Historic buildings 1
- Latin America 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Maps 1
- Nicaragua 1
- Railroad stations -- Conservation and restoration -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- Clark, Lonnie 2
- Ambler, Cathy 1
- Benjamin, David, 1963- 1
- Besinger, Curtis 1
- Enslinger, Dennis 1
- Garrett, Jennifer (Student at University of Kansas) 1
- Heider, Grace M. (Grace Moore) 1
- Horowitz, Floyd R. 1
- Horowitz, Frances Degen 1
- Kansas State Historical Society 1
- Lawrence (Kan.). City Commission 1
- Lawrence Historic Resources Commission (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Miller, Shelley 1
- Motter, T. H. Vail, 1901-1970. 1
- Reynolds, Kelly (Student at University of Kansas) 1
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Union Pacific Corporation 1
- Union Pacific Depot (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas 1
- University of Kansas. Museum of Art 1
- Vail, Thomas H. (Thomas Hubbard), 1812-1889 1
- Vieux Associates 1
- Wolfenbarger, Deon 1 ∧ less