Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Accounts book and ledger maintained at the Cheyenne and Arapaho Upper Arkansas Agency, Darlington, Indian Territory, 1869-1875. More than a simple accounts book, this manuscript lists letters received at the Agency from July 16, 1869 to June 20, 1870 with notes regarding their contents, inventories of rations, records of substanence issued listing the name of the recipients, and records of supplies delivered by contractors.
Letters written to Sallie Williams from a daughter, her husband J.F. Williams, and other various relatives.
The papers in the collection concern negotiations for settlement of a land sale in Oklahoma Territory for the Cheyenne and Arapahoe. Crawford, along with Matt G. Reynolds of St. Louis, D. B. Dyer of Kansas City, and John D. Miles of Oklahoma, served as attorneys employed to prosecute a suit for the land by the Cheyenne and Arapahoe tribes. The correspondence is primarily between the four attorneys concerning their actions on behalf of the two tribes.
- Arapaho Indians 2
- Cheyenne Indians 2
- Arapaho Indians -- Indian Territory -- Government relations 1
- Arapaho Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Cheyenne Indians -- Indian Territory -- Government relations 1
- Home economics 1
- Indian Territory 1
- Indian Territory -- History 1
- Indian Territory -- Photographs 1
- Indian reservations 1
- Indians of North America -- Indian Territory 1
- Indians of North America -- Indian Territory -- Photographs 1
- Quapaw Indians -- Indian Territory -- Government relations 1 ∧ less
- Dyer, Daniel B. 2
- Crawford, S. J. (Samuel Johnson), 1835-1913 1
- Darlington Agency 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 1
- Miles, John D., 1832-approximately 1911 1