Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Reminiscences of early days near Blue Mound. Recounts family's departure from England and trip West. Describes pioneer life in Douglas County, raids during the civil War, and Indians in the area. A 4-page "Excerpt" and map is included with the account.
These are audio recordings of Powwow chanting and dancing at Haskell Indian Nations University. One tape is dated 1974; the other tape is undated.
Typescript master thesis by Loretta Granzer for the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska in 1937. Bibliography on pages 260-270.
Journal of Royal Baldwin, who from 1856 to 1858 was agent to the Kickapoo tribe in Kansas Territory. Includes descriptions of his travels and meetings in council with the Kickapoo, their conditions, and statements of accounts for individual members of the tribe. Also includes receipts, memoranda, and other items.
This collection consists of copies of government and other publications and unpublished materials, family history materials, newsletters, and photocopies of historical documents, all materials gathered in Rita Napier's study of history, particularly the history of Native Americans and the state of Kansas. The materials are organized by when received from Napier at the Spencer Research Library.
The collection includes letters of Wyandot chiefs and principals of the Wyandot Nation. Also, there is correspondence about the Methodist Church Mission effort among the Wyandots involving the division of the Methodist Church North and South. The documents in the collection include several Wyandot land allotments to the tribe in Kansas territory. An item by item inventory is included in each folder.
- Subject: Indians of North America -- Kansas X
- Indians of North America -- Kansas 5
- Archaeology and history -- Kansas 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Indian agents -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- Great Plains 1
- Indians of North America -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Indians of North America -- Kansas -- Rites and ceremonies 1
- Indians of North America -- Oklahoma -- Portraits 1
- Journal 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Kickapoo Indians -- Kansas -- History -- Sources 1
- Land titles -- Kansas -- Wyandotte County 1
- Methodist Church -- Missions 1
- Powwows -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Prairie Band of Potawatomi Indians 1 ∧ less
- Baldwin, Royal 1
- Granzer, Loretta Mary 1
- Greenwood family. 1
- Haskell Indian Junior College 1
- Haskell Indian Nations University 1