Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Call Number: RH MS 1370
Overview This collection contains the personal papers of Deanell Reece Tacha (including photographs, awards, plaques, videos, and CDs) from 1971-2011. Much of the material concerns her time in the White House Fellows program, her involvement in the 'Bleeding Kansas' sesquicentennial project, correspondence regarding her 10th Circuit Court Judge appointment, and various other legal correspondence.
Dates: approximately 1971 - 2011
Call Number: RH MS E77
Scope and Contents The scrapbooks treat the history of Lawrence and the University of Kansas in general. Some of the clippings are obituaries of local residents, or local current events, e.g, the demonstrations by the Lawrence chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in 1963.
- Subject: Kansas -- Centennial celebrations, etc. X
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Scrapbooks -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Huddleston, Lena M. 1
- President's Commission on White House Fellowships (U.S.) 1
- Tacha, Deanell Reece, 1946- 1
- United States. Court of Appeals (10th Circuit) 1
- University of Kansas 1