Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Transcripts of the diaries kept by Carl Julius Adolph Hunnius documenting his surveys of the Red River, January 10, 1876 to January 24, 1876, and April 25, 1876 to June 30, 1876, as well as the original diary of the second survey, a biography of Ado Hunnius, and two tintypes and print copies of Hunnius and his guide Billy Dixon.
Thomas J. Allen recorded his daily life, personal reflections, and some references to his occupation as a printer in this diary kept from 1854-1858. During this period, Allen lived in southern Wisconsin, Kansas Territory, and Ohio. Included in this diary is Allen's description of his travel to Kansas Territory via the Missouri River, beginning in St. Louis, through Kansas City, and ending in Wyandot.
Esther Mary Clark was born December 3, 1876 in a log cabin southeast of Chanute, Kansas. This collection consists of correspondence, poems, and newspaper clippings.
Two diaries handwritten by James Findley Harrison in the mid and late 1860s. They give descriptions of his travels and eventual settling in Linn County, Kansas.
This collection consists of four letters from abolitionist John Brown.
Contains 15 letters from Harris' son, Andrew W. Harris, and one letter from Stephen Spear, both serving in the 8th Kansas Regiment during the Civil War.
Diary, January 17, 1857 to April 12, 1857; with a partial address and account book, ca. 1856-1857? Account of journey to Lawrence, starting from Richmond, Illinois. Various addressee, accounting notations, and itineraries are written at the front and near the end of the diary.
Letter to S.S. Cox dated Leavenworth, K.T. which discusses the Kansas constitution and lack of border incidents. Also dDescribes Kansas landscape.
This collection includes letters written by Tovey to his wife Eliza, as well as a manuscript of Tovey's life in the Kansas Territory intended to help possible emigrants to the territory.
The Ronald D. Russell collection was assembled from 1952-2003 by Ronald D. Russell with the intent of donating the collection to the University of Kansas. The correspondence and date books in the collection pertain to Russell family affairs, day to day events, and topics on local, national and world events.
Selections from memorandum made by Sarah Lindsey whilst accompanying her husband, Robert Lindsey, on a religious visit to friends and others in the western hemisphere in 1858. -- Lawrence, Kan. : Watson Library, 1943.
Letter to "Dear father and mother". Describes arrival in Kansas.
- Subject: Kansas -- Description and travel X
- Diaries 3
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 3
- Missouri -- Description and travel 2
- Poetry 2
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories 2
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Linn County 1
- Japan -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Leavenworth (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Linn County (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Military topography 1
- Missouri River 1
- Ohio River Valley -- Description and travel 1
- Oklahoma -- Description and travel 1
- Springfield (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Steamboats -- Missouri 1
- Texas -- Description and travel 1
- Topeka (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Wyandotte (Kan.) -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Hill, Esther Clark, 1876-1932 2
- Allen, Thomas J. 1
- Brown, Jason, 1823-1912 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Brown, John, 1821-1895 1
- Bullene, Lathrop, 1826-1915 1
- Cox, Samuel Sullivan, 1824-1889 1
- Day, Orson 1
- Dixon, Billy, 1850-1913 1
- Fablinger, Ellen Brown, 1854-1916 1
- Harris, Andrew W. 1
- Harris, Isaiah Morris, 1819?-1890 1
- Harrison, James Findley, 1825-1907 1
- Hunnius, Carl Julius Adolph, 1842-1923 1
- Jones, Mary Alice Lange 1
- Lindsey, Robert, active 1858 1
- Lindsey, Sarah, -1876 1
- Russell family 1
- Russell, Ronald D., 1931-2003 1
- Russell, Thomas, active 1850 1
- Spear, Stephen, active 1855-1865 1
- Taylor, William, active 1859 1
- Tovey, Eliza Matthew 1
- Tovey, Robert Atkins 1
- United States. Army. Kansas Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1866) 1 ∧ less