Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Call Number: RH MS P46
Overview This collection consists of orrespondence and documents involving Charles H. Branscomb, agent for the New England Emigrant Aid Company in territorial Kansas, dating from 1853-1886. Correspondents or individuals mentioned in the letters include James Gillespie Blaine (1830-1893), Amos Adams Lawrence (1814-1886), Henry Cabot Lodge (1850-1924), Charles Robinson (1818-1894), John Pierce St. John (1835-19140, and Charles Sumner (1811-1874).
Dates: 1853 - 1886
Call Number: RH MS 663
Overview The Holsinger and Rose families immigrated to the United States in the 1700s. The collection reflects their activity in the Rosedale, Kansas, area during the late 19th and early 20th centuries by means of correspodence, poetry, newspaper clippings, and brief biographies, which address topics ranging from accounts of the Civil War, Kansan identity, politics and Christianity.
Dates: 1883 - 1933
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Kansas -- History -- 19th century 1
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lecompton 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893 1
- Branscomb, Charles H. 1
- Des Moines Valley Railroad Company 1
- Holsinger family 1
- Holsinger, Frank, 1836-1916 1