Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 36
Photographic postcards of Abilene, Kansas, with scenes of buildings, businesses, houses, street scenes, and school groups.
This collection consists of photographic prints and tintypes of African Americans, taken in eastern Kansas in the latter half of the 19th century. The posed and informal portraits had been compiled into an album that has been disbound due to severe deterioration. Images include individuals and groups of babies, children, and adults; most of the photographs were taken in studios and are posed in exterior or interior settings.
Collection of photographs created by the Albertype Company of street scenes and buildings in various Kansas towns.
The collection contains photographs of the interiors of millinery shops and dry goods stores, a newspaper advertisement for Mrs. M. P. Ames Millinery, and snapshots from the 1904 Saint Louis (Missouri) World's Fair. The photograph album contains snapshots of social life in El Reno, Oklahoma. The Ames and Enloe families were milliners in Kansas and Oklahoma from 1905-1920.
This collection contains six photographs of schools in Atchison and Leavenworth Counties in Kansas from 1922 to 1925 and in the 1940s, including the Pardee School, Lane School, Delaware School, Bell School, and Mound School. Collection includes photograph description and identifications of students and teachers standing outside the schools. Ava Higley Milett appears as a student or teacher in all the photographs.
This colection includes photographic images of railroad bridges, rivers, and bridge construction scenes collected by Clayton M. Crosier and dating from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The collection also includes papers pertaining to the radio program "International Conversations," sponsored by the Kansas Commission for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), of which Crosier was the executive secretary in the 1950s-1960s.
This collection contains glass plate negatives of the Benham family, a 4th of July celebration, agricultural fair, and many town scenes from central Kansas.
This collection includes a photograph of a horse-drawn plow near Dodge City, Ford County, Kansas and a photograph of a horse-drawn threshing machine taken around Cimarron, Gray County, Kansas with the D.H. Cross family.
The photographs in this collection record Ernest Crown's family, farm, and community activities in Smith County, Kansas and his work in the Methodist Church. Other photographs in the collection (181-213) are of the Crown family, farming, and rural schools in Smith County.
The collection consists of thirty-nine photographs of Kansas railroad depots taken by Mr. Krambeck and one view of the Horton, Kansas railroad shops copied by Mr. Krambeck.
Collection of photographic images of Kansas and other states from the late 19th century and early 20th century of towns, scenery, and events.
Glass plate and flexible negatives of scenes of the Gilgas family, their farming activities, and Willow Springs School in Douglas County, Kansas. Prints are also available of all negatives in the collection and should be consulted by researchers first.
Gladys Filson Carlson was a member of the 1927 graduating class from the University of Kansas. The collection includes portraits of schools, agricultural and outdoor scenes from Kiowa, Kansas and from areas of western Kansas.
Transparencies of Kansas and Missouri places during the 1960s used by Kansas Distributing Company to produce postcards. Includes some postcards.
This collection includes a photograph of a scene at a Kansas farm with a sod house, windmill, a wagon, horses, and an unidentified family and dog. A "D.G. Clark" is identified as possibly the photographer, along with Goodland, Kansas.
Photographs on postcard stock documenting farm work in various Kansas communities. Identified locations include Kiowa County, Altamont, Minneola, Lenexa, and Coldwater, as well as Beaver Crossing, Nebraska.
This collection contains photographs from the Kansas Governor's Conference on Aging in 1978.
This collection includes a photograph of Kansas teachers and Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) presidents at the National Teacher Education and Professional Standards Convention in 1961, and a photograph of the Kansas National Education Association (KNEA) State Representatives Assembly in 1981. KNEA is a state-level affiliate of the National Education Association, a labor union representing public school teachers and other educational professionals.
Photographs of Kansas railroad stations and views of Valley Falls, Kansas. Photographs dating from 1963-1977 were taken by Dale Irwin.
Two photographs of sod houses in western Kansas in 1861 and 1871. According to the information provided, one house was owned by Ben Sherwood and the other was located near Hays, Ellis County, Kansas.
Photographs depicting Kansas turnpike construction, specifically grading and drainage, under contract 1-1-E(1).
- Kansas -- Photographs 9
- Agriculture -- Kansas -- Photographs 4
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Photographs 3
- Schools -- Kansas -- Photographs 3
- African American families -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- African Americans -- Portraits 2
- Bridges -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- Colorado -- Photographs 2
- Nebraska -- Photographs 2
- Railroad stations -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- Sod houses -- Kansas -- Photographs 2
- Abilene (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- African American families -- Kansas 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Newton 1
- African American men -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- African American women -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- Agricultural laborers -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Atchison County (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Bolivia -- Photographs 1
- Bridges -- Kansas -- Design and construction -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Photographs 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Abilene 1
- Cimarron (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 1
- Collotype -- Specimens 1
- Dodge City (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) 1
- Dust storms -- Photographs 1
- Ecuador -- Photographs 1
- Express highways -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Fairs -- Kansas 1
- Farm life -- Photographs 1
- Fort Larned (Larned, Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Goodland (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Governors -- Kansas 1
- Great Plains -- Photographs 1
- Hays (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Kiowa (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Larned (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Leavenworth County (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Libraries -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Millinery -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Millinery -- Oklahoma -- Photographs 1
- Missouri -- Photographs 1
- Oketo (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Older people -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Panama -- Photographs 1
- Pennslyvania -- Photographs 1
- Peru -- Photographs 1
- Politicians -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- 19th century -- Specimens 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Portrait photography -- Specimens 1
- Profile Ranch (Kan.) 1
- Railroad bridges -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Ranches -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Roads -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Rural schools -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Russell County (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Sedgwick County (Kan.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Smith County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Stereographs 1
- Stores, Retail -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Stores, Retail -- Oklahoma -- Photographs 1
- Teachers -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Valley Falls (Kan.) 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- University of Kansas 3
- Albertype Co. 1
- Allen, George V., 1913-2007 1
- Asbury, Robert Fossett 1
- Brady, E. 1
- Buckingham Books 1
- Buckner, Lauretta 1
- Carlson, Gladys Filson 1
- Crosier, Clayton M. 1
- Cross, Leona 1
- Crown family. 1
- Crown, Ernest Othniel, 1880-1956 1
- Enloe, Orville 1
- Epperson Studio 1
- Gilgas family 1
- Irwin, Dale, 1921-2005 1
- Johnson, Timothy A. (Photograph collector) 1
- KANU (Radio Station : Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Kansas Distributing Company (Junction City, Kan.) 1
- Kansas Governor's Conference on Aging (1978) 1
- Kansas National Education Association 1
- Kansas. Commission for UNESCO 1
- Kansas. Legislature. House of Representatives 1
- Kolling, Harold Earl, 1920- 1
- Kolling, Henry C. 1
- Krambeck, F. Wesley, 1906-1988 1
- Leavenworth Public Library (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition (1904 : Saint Louis, Mo.) 1
- Meredith, Rhoda Louise, 1915- 1
- Milett, Ava E., 1912-1989 1
- Moore, Clinton J., 1873-1962 1
- Parker Amusement Co. (Abilene, Kan.) 1
- Ransom, Willard G. 1
- University of Kansas. Libraries. University Archives 1
- Walbridge, Caroline K. (Caroline Knickerbacker) 1
- Walbridge, Louie C. (Louie Chester), 1859-1939 1
- Wright, Robert O., 1933-2016 1 ∧ less