Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Billy Q. McCray papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who served in both the Kansas House of Representatives and the Kansas Senate before becoming director of the Kansas Department of Economic Development Office of Minority Business. This collection of McCray's papers includes correspondence from constituents, documents generated by the Education and the Ways and Means Committees, legislation introduced by McCray, and papers of the Kansas Legislature's Minority Caucus.
Clarence Love was a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the Wyandotte County 35th District from 1966 until his retirement in 1988. The collection reflects his legislative activities during his entire 22 years of service.
Sherman Jones, a prominent citizen of Wyandotte County, Kansas, served in the Kansas State Legislature from 1988-2000. His papers consist primarily of material related to his political career during which he served an advocate for social issues representing minorities’ rights, public health, and social welfare.
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Politics and government 3
- African American legislators -- Kansas 2
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Politics and government 2
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Minority business enterprises -- Law and legislation -- Kansas 1
- Public interest lobbying -- Kansas 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1 ∧ less
- Brotherhood of Railway, Airline, and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express, and Station Employes 1
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Kansas 1
- Gleed, Charles S. (Charles Sumner), 1856-1920 1
- Jones, Sherman J., 1935- 1
- Kansas Minority Caucus 1