Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The collection consists of approximately eight short stories (undated) written by Henry L. Carey. Most of which deal with southwestern Kansas and the Santa Fe Trail based, at least in part, on fact. The rest of the materials consists of clippings, notes, and an issue of The Kansas Magazine in which a story of Jane Carey's, daughter of Henry L. Carey, appeared.
A transcript of a slide-tape show of reflections on Kansas and Kansas people by fellow Kansans. The show was done by the University of Man, located in Manhattan, Kansas, in the spring of 1975 through a grant funded by the Kansas Committee for the Humanities. Included in the collection are instructions for use and discussion guidelines.
This collection contains meeting minutes, 1944-1975, correspondence and bank statements, 1970s, miscellaneous memorabilia from the 1940s and 1970s, and a certificate of lifetime membership awarded to the club by the NAACP in 1961.
Ray Morgan, a Kansas native, was a professional journalist in Topeka, Kansas. He was also active in professional organizations and the Topeka community. This collection includes subject files Morgan compiled regarding Kansas towns and state institutions, political events and personalities, and crime, criminals and social issues. Also included are scrapbooks of collected material regarding the Topeka tornado of 1966 and the flood of 1951, as well as scrapbooks of personal material.
The Pierian Club was organized in 1894 by Mrs. D.F. Rivers of Kansas City, Kansas and was one of the first African American literary clubs in the area. This collection of Pierian Club records contains club histories, financial and miscellaneous records, meeting minutes, yearbooks, photographs, a 50th anniversary scrapbook from 1944, and a videotape of the club's centennial celebration in 1994.
Biographical accounts of Robert Mercer Armstrong including diaries, memorandums, and account books.
The collection of the West Side Study Club consists of program booklets (1901-1978), historian's reports (1902-1962), secretary's books (1905-1962), an account book (1915-1966), yearbook of Federation of Clubs (1921-1924), and remembrances by members.
Secretary and Treasurer's report of the Year Round Club.
- Subject: Kansas -- Social life and customs X
- Kansas -- Social life and customs 5
- African American women -- Kansas -- History -- 20th century 2
- African American women -- Kansas -- Social life and customs -- 20th century 2
- African American women -- Kansas -- Societies and clubs 2
- African American women -- Intellectual life 1
- African American women -- Social networks 1
- Agriculture -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Book clubs (Discussion groups) -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Cities and Towns -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Clubs -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Council Grove (Kan.) 1
- Diaries 1
- Dodge City (Kan.) -- Description and travel 1
- Dodge City (Kan.) -- History -- Fiction 1
- Education -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Journalists -- Kansas -- Archives 1
- Kansas 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Kansas -- Religion -- Pictorial works 1
- Kansas -- Social life and customs -- Fiction 1
- Kansas -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Morris County (Kan.) 1
- Public opinion -- Kansas 1
- Stores, Retail 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- Armstrong, Robert Mercer, 1841-1927 1
- Brigham, Lalla Maloy 1
- Carey, Henry L. 1
- Federation of Women's Clubs, Lawrence, Kansas 1
- Morgan, Ray 1