Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
This collection deals principally with Alvin Dahlene's participation in the game of horseshoes.
This collection consists of survey forms which contain a history and architectural decription for each of 229 historic buildings in downtown Lawrence, Kansas. The survey content was compiled in 1993 by Deon Wolfenbarger (Three Gables Preservation) for the Lawrence Downtown Historic Building Survey, a project for which she was commissioned by the City of Lawrence and the Lawrence Historic Resources Commission.
This photocopied 63-page research paper was written by University of Kansas graduate student Cathy Ambler for a 1991 fall semester course in American Studies. Ambler's paper explores the economic and cultural history of the East Lawrence neighborhood of Lawrence, Kansas as related to the neighborhood's development and identity. Included are fifty-three illustrations of East Lawrence streets and buildings.
This collection contains drawings and designs done by John Lee during his time as a practicing architect, materials that relate to his time teaching at the University of Kansas, and his involvement in building restoration around downtown Lawrence, Kansas, particularly his involvment in the restoration of the Union Pacific Depot. This collection also includes materials from his bicycling hobby and influence in a cycling club on KU's campus.
This collection of photographic materials relating to Lawrence, Kansas and its residents, businesses, buildings, and events spans the early 19th century through the late 20th century, therefore also spanning the history of photography itself. This is an artificial collection, meaning that the photographs herein come from a wide variety of sources and have been compiled by the Spencer Research Library into this single collection organized by subject matter.
Nancy Shontz served on the City Commission of Lawrence, Kansas, from 1981-1985, and worked actively with the Lawrence Preservation Alliance and the local chapter of the League of Women Voters. The collection contains her papers regarding these activities as well as other city- and county-related issues.
Undergraduate thesis by Ben Wearing regarding 19th century buildings located in Lawrence, Kansas. Card file index also available. Photographs from the thesis have been physically separated and are located at RH PH 552 (formerly at RH MS-P D195).
This collection consists of a modern recreation of a drawing of the Old Windmill in Lawrence, Kansas, completed by George. J. Hood on January 21, 1904. The drawing has a note saying the windmill was erected in 1863-64.
Paper by Michael Owen Jones written for an American art history course at the University of Kansas, giving the history of the property and house at 926 Indiana Street in Lawrence, Kan. Includes a photograph of the house shelved at RH MS-P P336.
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 9
- Historic buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 3
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 2
- Old West Lawrence Historic District (Lawrence, Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 2
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Architects -- Kansas 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Bridges -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Photographs 1
- Buildings -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Dwellings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- East Lawrence (Lawrence, Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Historic preservation -- Kansas 1
- Horseshoe pitching 1
- Industrial organization -- Kansas 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Economic policy 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Neighborhood government -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Portrait photography -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Urban runoff -- Management 1
- Winchester rifle 1
- Windmills -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- Ambler, Cathy 1
- Asbury, Robert Fossett 1
- Benjamin, David, 1963- 1
- Crawford, S. J. (Samuel Johnson), 1835-1913 1
- Crosswhite, Craig S. 1
- Dahlene, Alvin Daniel, 1906-1978 1
- Enslinger, Dennis 1
- Green, Nehemiah, 1837-1890 1
- Heider, Grace M. (Grace Moore) 1
- Hood, George J. (George Jüssen), 1877-1965 1
- Horowitz, Floyd R. 1
- Horowitz, Frances Degen 1
- Jones, Michael Owen 1
- Kansas State Historical Society 1
- Lawrence (Kan.). City Commission 1
- Lee, John, 1945 May 12- 1
- Majure, Janet, 1954- 1
- Motter, T. H. Vail, 1901-1970. 1
- Pennington, Dorthy L. 1
- Phillipi, Lucille 1
- Shontz, Nancy, 1927-1999 1
- Union Pacific Depot (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas 1
- Vail, Thomas H. (Thomas Hubbard), 1812-1889 1
- Wearing, Ben 1
- Wiechart, Allen 1
- Wilde, Oscar, 1854-1900 1
- Wolfenbarger, Deon 1 ∧ less