Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P132
Overview Biography of George Ellis written in 1953 by Howard C. Raynesford titled George Ellis, First Lieutenant, Company I, 12th Kansas Infantry. Ellis served as Lieutenant in the Kansas Infantry during the Civil War and was killed in battle. Ellis County and the town of Ellis in Kansas was named in his honor. Also included is a genealogy of the Ellis family, a photograph, and a photocopy of his military commission. Raynesford also gives a brief account of the...
Dates: 1862, 1953
Call Number: RH MS VLT 554
Overview The collection contains 34 letters written by Marcus Junius Parrott to his Dayton, Ohio family members. The letters date from April 7, 1851 to April 28, 1862, and are arranged chronologically. Also included in the collection are a brief handwritten statement by [Laurette?] Parrott [Irvin?] regarding the collection content, and an offprint of a published 1865 sermon by Phillips Brooks, delivered at the time of Abraham Lincoln's death.
Dates: 1851 - 1862
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1854-1861 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Names, Geographical -- Kansas 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories 1
- Ellis, George, 1832-1864 1
- Parrott, Marcus J. (Marcus Junius), 1828-1879 1
- Raynesford, Howard C. 1