Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection highlights the personal life of Dick Williams, a Concordia, Kansas native and a long-time resident of Lawrence, Kansas. This collection includes personal correspondence and some financial and business records and correspondence from some of Williams' business ventures.
Mary Elizabeth (Durrett) Stephens was an accomplished organist and pianist. This collection contains materials documenting her musical achievements and some of her research material and personal papers, as well as some materials related to her husband, William Stephens, who had a long career with the Reuter Organ Company in Lawrence, Kansas.
Newspaper clippings dating from 1950 to 1980, covering local history in and around Lawrence, Kansas. The collection also includes several funeral memorials, a booklet about volunteering opportunities in Lawrence, Kansas in 1966, and a program for a religious service honoring Reverend W.S. Simms for 50 years of Christian service. Other local topics found in the collection include Haskell Institute and education in Lawrence more generally, as well as the Lawrence Jewish Community Center.
Jane Wofford Malin grew up in Lawrence, Kansas, had a career teaching French in Texas, and then retired to her home town of Lawrence, Kansas. This collection documents her life and her connections to Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas, and in France and abroad. The correspondence in this collection, as well as papers and photographs of Malin and each of her parents, represents two generations of Midwestern life.
The Kaw Valley Hemp Pickers were a counterculture group in the Lawrence, Kansas area during the 1960s and 1970s. This collection contains five black and white group photographs of the Kaw Valley Hemp Pickers. Some of the photographs contain nudity.
The Lawrence League for the Practice of Democracy (LLPD) was organized in 1945 with an aim to advance better interracial relations in Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas. This collection contains the correspondence of the LLPD, minutes of the Executive Board and general meetings of the organization, scrap books, clippings, surveys and other activities reflecting the efforts of the organization from 1945 to 1965.
The scrapbooks treat the history of Lawrence and the University of Kansas in general. Some of the clippings are obituaries of local residents, or local current events, e.g, the demonstrations by the Lawrence chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in 1963.
This collection consists of diaries, correspondence, copies of speeches and talks, news clippings, genealogical information, and other related materials from the Simons family of Kansas. The bulk of the collection relates to W.C. Simons, founder of the Lawrence Journal-World newspaper of Lawrence, Kansas.
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Citizens' associations -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Civil rights -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Counterculture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Kansas -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Race relations 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Organ builders -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Scrapbooks -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Women organists -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- University of Kansas 2
- Dowdell, Rick D. 1
- Girard, James Preston, 1944- 1
- Graves, G. 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Huddleston, Lena M. 1
- Jackman, Mary E., 1895-1958 1
- Johnson, John Thomas, 1943- 1
- Kansas. Office of the Attorney General 1
- Lawrence Jewish Community Center (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence League for the Practice of Democracy (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- MacDonald, Frank, active 1950-1980 1
- Malin, James C. (James Claude), 1893-1979 1
- Malin, Jane Wofford, 1926-2016 1
- Malin, Pearl Ethel Keene, 1896-1989 1
- Reuter Organ Company 1
- Rice, Harry Nicholas, 1951-1970 1
- Simmons family 1
- Simms, W. S. 1
- Simons, Dolph, Jr. 1
- Simons, W. C. (Wilford Collins), 1871-1952 1
- Stephens, Elizabeth, 1927-2011 1
- Stephens, William J., 1924-2008 1
- Tuttle, William M., 1937- 1
- Williams family 1
- Williams, Dick, 1892-1970 1 ∧ less
- French 1