Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Call Number: RH MS P753
Overview This 34-page typescript contains the text of an article by Katie H. Armitage, entitled "Elizabeth 'Bettie' Duncan: Diary of Daily Life, 1864," which was published in the Winter 1987/1988 edition (pages 275-289) of Kansas History, a journal of the Kansas State Historical Society. The manuscript describes and includes excerpts from the 1864 diary of Lawrence, Kansas pioneer Elizabeth "Bettie" Duncan. The collection also includes a transcript...
Dates: January 1987
Call Number: RH MS P53
Overview A diary, account book, and typed transcription of the diary kept by Hiram Clark, an early physician in Lawrence, Kansas.
Dates: 1854 - 1855
Call Number: RH MS VLT B6
Overview This collection includes Lewis Timothy Litchfield's diary, 1854-1855, containing an account of his trip and settlement in Lawrence, Kansas, as part of the second Emigrant Aid party, and a certificate presented to Litchfield from his English study at Cambridge High School in Massachusetts.
Dates: 1854 - 1855
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P428
Overview Maggie Herrington's journal of her experiences during the year 1867 as part of a school assignment and two pieces of correspondence between the Watkins Community Museum of Lawrence, Kansas, and Lida Mattman, Maggie Herrington's granddaughter, dated 1979.
- Diaries 3
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 3
- Education -- Kansas -- History 1
- Emigration and immigration 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Medical fees -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- School children -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Teachers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Diaries 1
- Women pioneers -- Kansas -- Diaries 1 ∧ less
- Armitage, Katie 1
- Clark, Hiram C., 1817-1855 1
- Duncan, Elizabeth, 1837-1879 1
- Herrington, Maggie, 1853- 1
- Litchfield, Lewis Timothy, 1838-1861 1