Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The collection contains 34 letters written by Marcus Junius Parrott to his Dayton, Ohio family members. The letters date from April 7, 1851 to April 28, 1862, and are arranged chronologically. Also included in the collection are a brief handwritten statement by [Laurette?] Parrott [Irvin?] regarding the collection content, and an offprint of a published 1865 sermon by Phillips Brooks, delivered at the time of Abraham Lincoln's death.
Eldridge was active in the efforts to make Kansas Territory a free state. Formerly a Democrat, Eldridge joined the Kansas delegation at the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia. Memoir of early days in Kansas, miscellaneous stock certificates, and account sheets, 1859-1898.
- Kansas -- History -- 19th century 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories 1
- Stock certificates 1 ∧ less
- Acme Manganese Mining Company (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Boss of the Bay Mining Company 1
- Delmonte Consolidated Mining Company (Leadville, Colo.) (Leadville, Colo.) 1
- Eldridge family. 1
- Eldridge, Shalor Winchell, 1816-1899 1