Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Photocopy of a 3-page typescript manifesto read to the congregation of the First United Methodist Church (Lawrence, Kansas) on Sunday, May 10, 1970, by Bryce Rivers, Chairman, Coordinating Committee for the Black Community. Alleging the church's world-wide exploitation of African Americans, the manifesto demands payment of $75,000 in reparations for Lawrence's 3,000 African American residents.
Bachelor of arts honors thesis, University of Kansas, 1975.
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Race relations 2
- Businessmen -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Race relations -- Economic aspects 1
- Coordinating Committee for the Black Community (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Dowdell, Rick D. 1
- Girard, James Preston, 1944- 1
- Johnson, John Thomas, 1943- 1
- Kansas. Office of the Attorney General 1