Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Call Number: RH MS 94
Overview Friends in Council of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1871 as a women's organization dedicated to cultural enrichment of its members. The collection includes records of members, constitution with amendments, minutes, and clippings.
Dates: 1871 - 2016
Call Number: RH MS CK25
Overview The Ingleside Club was founded in October 1894 in Lawrence, Kansas, with a membership of nine women. Originally known as the Eureka Club, the name changed to the Ingleside Club by 1896. The members of the club were "dedicated to the enrichment of their minds" through the study of literature and attendance at lectures, plays or musical recitals. They also contributed their time, efforts, and donations to charitable endeavors. These records include the club's yearbook programs, historical notes,...
Dates: 1899 - 1988
Call Number: RH MS 149
Overview The Lawrence (Kansas) Business and Professional Women's Club was founded to improve the professional, personal, economic and educational outlook for women. The records of the club include yearbooks, scrapbooks, programs, minutes, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other miscellaneous materials.
Dates: 1919 - 1995
Call Number: RH MS 854
Overview This collection contains the minutes and treasury records of the Midland Rural Club of Lawrence (Douglas County), Kansas, a women's club which formed on January 24, 1904 for the mutual enjoyment of its members and was in existence through May 18, 1978.
Dates: 1939 - 1978
Call Number: RH MS E161
Overview The No Name Club, a woman's literary club, was organized in February 1876, under the name, The Ladies' Reading Circle. In December 1876, the club voted to change the name to the No Name Club. The collection consists of fourteen bound volumes containing meeting minutes, attendance rolls, newspaper clippings, and photographs. No Name Club programs for years 1889-2005 are found at RH Ser C1260.
Dates: 1879 - 2004
Call Number: RH MS 795
Overview The Mother's Discussion Club of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1934 to study and exchange ideas about child nurturing and development. The group gradually disbanded over several years in the late 1980s. This collection includes most of the secretary minute notebooks from 1934-1984, the treasurer's ledger from 1934-1947, and correspondence and cards.
Dates: 1934 - 1984
Collection — Box: 1
Call Number: RH MS 809
Overview The Mother's League of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1913 to study and exchange ideas about child development and home life. Eventually the group changed its focus of study to include other interesting and inspirational topics. This collection includes the secretary minute notebooks from 1916-1979.
Dates: 1916 - 1979
Call Number: RH MS 17
Overview Margaret Stockton was involved in community involvement and social work in Lawrence, Kansas, especially the Council of Social Agencies and the Recreation Commission. This collection comprises Stockton's papers of her community work and also personal and family matters.
Dates: 1912 - 1966
- Child rearing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Child rearing -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- History -- 20th century 1
- Community development -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Community organization -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Freedom Train 1
- Alpha Phi 1
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center 1
- Business and Professional Women's Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Council of Social Agencies (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Festival of Arts and Crafts (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Ingleside Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Kansas Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs 1
- Ladies' Reading Circle (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Humane Society (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Parent-Teacher Council 1
- Lawrence Recreation Commission 1
- Lawrence Recreation Council 1
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Midland Rural Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Mother's Discussion Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Mother's League (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs 1
- No Name Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Stockton, Margaret T., 1894-1966 1
- Zodiac Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1 ∧ less