Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Call Number: RH MS 75
Overview This collection includes letters from William Clarke Quantrill to his mother, Caroline Clarke Quantrill, preceding and up to the raid of Lawrence, Kansas in 1863. Also included in the collection is the correspondence of William W. Scott, editor of the Iron Valley Reporter and friend of Mrs. Quantrill, who attempted to help Mrs. Quantrill obtain the truth about her son. This correspondence consists of letters between Scott and people who allegedly had known...
Dates: 1855 - 1906
Call Number: RH MS P231
Overview Letters to Scott concerning Quantrill's Raid, including one from Charles F. Taylor who was one of Quantrill's men, and concerning William C. Quantrill's family genealogy.
Dates: 1879 - 1898
- Guerrilla warfare 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 -- Personal narratives 1
- Quantrill, Caroline Clarke, 1819-1903 1
- Taylor, Charles F. (Charles Fletcher), 1842-1912 1