Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Call Number: RH MS 1008
Overview This collection includes files regarding Kansas publishers and writers, compiled by the University of Kansas News Bureau, arranged alphabetically by last name. The collection also includes some information about specific newspapers established in Kansas, as well as some newspaper clippings.
Dates: 1851 - 1967
Call Number: RH MS 689
Overview The Papers of Leonard Garrett are those of a native Kansan who began the News Hawk newspaper in Wichita, Kansas; Garrett was also a prominant historian and civil rights advocate.
Dates: 1963 - 1988
Call Number: RH MS 756
Overview This collection consists of several letters written to Marion Ellet, newspaper writer and editor in Concordia, Kansas by William Allen White, newspaper editor of the Emporia Gazette between the years of 1921 and 1943, as well as Ellet's collection of newspaper clippings ("paste-ups") of articles about her, or of which she is the author. It also includes a yearbook from Smith College in 1921 and a graduation commencement booklet, as well as an interview...
Dates: 1921 - 2014
Call Number: PP 199
Overview This collection contains correspondence with Helen Rhoda Hoopes, a University of Kansas professor in English and poet, as well as the first woman student editor of the University Daily Kansan; newspaper clippings; photographs; scrapbooks; and other related materials.
Dates: 1898 - 1957
Call Number: PP 26
Overview Hoopes taught rhetoric and English at the University of Kansas from 1914-1947. This collection contains scrapbooks, poetry, clippings, correspondence and a copy of her graduate thesis.
Dates: 1829 - 1973
Call Number: PP 80
Overview Madden was a student at the University of Kansas, graduating in 1914. This collection consists of correspondence, programs, flyers, newspaper clippings, a photobook A View of the University of Kansas, and materials about the Daily Kansan Board from his years at KU.
Dates: 1899-1928 (bulk 1914)
- Subject: Newspaper editors -- Kansas X
- Newspaper editors -- Kansas 3
- Women newspaper editors -- Kansas 3
- University Daily Kansan 2
- Women authors, American -- Kansas 2
- African American businesspeople -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- African American newspapers -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- Concordia (Kan.) -- History 1
- Kansas -- Newspapers 1
- Newspaper publishing -- Kansas 1
- Women -- Education (Higher) -- United States 1
- Women journalists 1 ∧ less
- Hoopes, Helen Rhoda, 1878-1973 2
- Baker, Gladys (Beatrice Gladys), 1906-2001 1
- Ellet, Marion, 1898-1996 1
- Garrett, Leonard, 1925?-1988 1
- Madden, John C. 1