Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The papers include (1) a testimony to his recent left-handness sworn before Douglas County Clerk in 1867, (2) a manuscript titled "A sketch of my military history" which he entered in a penmanship contest, sponsored by William Oland Bourne, editor of the "Soldier's Friend", (3) a letter from General U.S. Grant awarding Palmer first prize in the contest, and (4) letter awarding Palmer a $50 prize.
Letters by a variety of authors connected with the United States' Civil War. Topics include the daily lives of soldiers, military campaigns, request for supplies and aid, issues with desertion, court-martial decisions, soldiers reporting for duty, and officers issuing orders.
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories 1
- Bourne, Wm. Oland (William Oland), 1819-1901 1
- Palmer, Barnabas Dorr, 1842- 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891 1