Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Diary for 1860, commenced on a passage from Sydney, New South Wales, to Bombay, East Indies [i.e. India, and thence to England], by Mrs. John H. Wilson
One logbook with logs of two voyages in the ships Sylvia and Ellborough. Both logs have been kept in the same volume, reading from opposite ends in reverse directions. Voyages were between England and off the coasts of China and Japan. One voyage took place from Hongkong to England via the Cape of Good Hope.
Photocopies of the English translation of Johnson's travel narrative, the cover and first page of the original Swedish version, and a cover letter written in 1961 by the translator, John Otto, explaining the difficulties he had doing the translation; four letters, in Swedish, to Johnson's sister in 1896, '_897, 1905, and 1908; and a newspaper clipping about Peterton Grade School, n.d. The travel narrative, written in 1885, describes Johnson's trip from Osage City, Kan. to Sweden. in 1884.
- Subject: Voyages and travels X
- Germany -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Mumbai (India) -- Description and travel 1
- Sweden -- Description and travel 1
- United States -- Description and travel 1
- Gambier, J. W. (James William), 1841-1909 1
- Gottlieb, Julius, 1868-1921 1
- Gottlieb, Selma, 1900-1988 1
- Johnson, John P. W. 1
- Otto, John 1